Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Love Love Love this case.

I had the black and the olive green cases and returned them as i didn't like the colors. The blue stands out nicely

The fit and finish is top notch, although i do not know what the heck that notch at the top is for.

I have included some pics of the case with the Apple Leather Blue case, to compare the color and thickness

The color is bright blue in my opinion, but it works for me. I have the bodyguardz pure glass screen protector on and it fit just fine.

Highly recommend the case to anyone, i got a super great deal from Amazon on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,811
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3,124
  • IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 778
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,929
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 697

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I freaking love magpul cases, I had a gray/olive colored magpul for my old 5S. Got a great deal on it as well on eBay. It is such a solid well built case, adds a nice feel to the phone. Even though I'm more into basic colors, black/white/gray, I really like the way that blue looks with the black phone. Looks good!

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
thanks for the black on blue photos, now I know what to expect. I even have tempered glass too, but no offense but I hate the cutout over the top of yours. Mine isn't like that (its a tech armor ballistic one)

Just ordered one in blue for $12, excited to see how this stacks up against NGP.

Played with someone's magpul on the 5 for 2 seconds, seemed intriguing!

cnick6

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
Bellevue, WA
I have the FDE and the Olive Drab colors and while they were OK they were a little depressing. I just bought the Orange (again - I used with the 5s) and it's one of their best colors I think. It really stands out with the black color iPhone 6 Plus.

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I bought the Gray Magpul and kind of like it. At the time, I had a couple black cases and wanted to be kinda sorta different.

Viscerol

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
I have the Magpul 6 Plus case in Flat Dark Earth. The feel is organic and grippy. The buttons give positive feedback with a click. That is all.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
The light blue iPad mini magpul was 10.99 on Amazon so bought that too.

Doubling down

Oh man I'm excited for the dark blue 6+ looks good :)

gohoomoa

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2010
I have the 6 plus in gold, what color will fit best for gold?
This is first time i try magpul

jeepik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
It's not Zagg glass. Zagg's is slightly different at the top speaker.

its the Old Bodyguardz Pure, i just put on the new one and it is a little bit different at the top

i think the pure is a little thicker then the Zagg, i have the zag but it covers less of the sides of the screen so i didn't use it yet

----------

I have the 6 plus in gold, what color will fit best for gold?
This is first time i try magpul

My wife has a gold 6 plus and she is using my case today, i have to say the blue looks spectacular on the white/gold. much more vivid then on my space grey

11bE5

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
Spokane Wa
I posted about this case a when it came out during Christmas time frame, it has amazing drop protection. it flew out of my hands doing a full on sprint and this wonderful case brought my phone out unscathed. And just a funny scuff on the case. I also had my original 6+ black magpul field case replaceed for free by Magpul, with a red one they offered me any color I wanted, but the were out of stock on everything but red and teal. So I just got my red one and it's gorgeous on my silver 6+ I posted a video on it on channel if you guys want to check it out but Magpul is awesome. Loved them since my iPhone 4s sorry about the long rant. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YwWwJLWQgHc

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
I just picked up the blue too. $10.99 on Amazon...

Best under $20 case you can buy.

jasko

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
Been using the black on mine now for about a month - still love it. I think the green is next.

6thDAY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2010
I took some pictures with the flash in my clear Magpul. No issues.

I've been contemplating for days about buying the iMos with the Magpul Field case.

How far does the edge of the lip of the case touch the curved portion of the glass?

Or does it stop at the end of the "plastic" trim?

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
This is the first case that has kept me away from my Candyshell Grip.. Well at least for a week it has.

Not as grippy as the CS grip...but makes up for it being thinner and lighter.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I've been contemplating for days about buying the iMos with the Magpul Field case.

How far does the edge of the lip of the case touch the curved portion of the glass?

Or does it stop at the end of the "plastic" trim?

I asked one of the guys at Imos whether the Magpul would work with the Imos, and he said that from the pictures he saw, it didn't look as if it would. The Magpul works great with the Aegis 3D curved screen protector, though.

Kristin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.