Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Well, not all the cases....

RUN DON'T WALK...

But these Spigen 6 and 6 Plus cases are on sale right now at Amazon. $4.20 & $3.80

http://9to5toys.com/2015/04/16/spigen-iphone-6-plus-cases/

The key to buying these on the deal is to select the ones from Spigen...at the original price point indicated on the 9 to 5 toys site. Then applying the discount.
I don't think you can use both promos on the same order. I placed two orders. It may work but I was rushing because I didn't want to miss the deal.

Who all got in on the deal? I've been wanting that red one for a while!

Last edited:

danny8200

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2014
Chicopee, MA
I ended up getting the Neo Hybrid and the Slim Armor. Not bad for less than ten bucks for both cases including shipping. I don't need these but hey, for the price I might as well.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
That's an affiliate site. Are you the affiliate?

?

----------

I ended up getting the Neo Hybrid and the Slim Armor. Not bad for less than ten bucks for both cases including shipping. I don't need these but hey, for the price I might as well.

That's what I was thinking. It's a great deal. I'd been wanting that red neo hybrid for the longest. I'm glad I waited.

I like to change my cases quite a bit because I get so bored.

I am glad I was able to post the deal. I was shocked no one posted it before I did.

I also sent it to my fellow iphone 6 co workers and they were able to score some cases also. I feel like superman...ooops maybe not...

Superman v Batman

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
OP thanks dude! i ordered 2 using promo codes. im a prime member. will get them on tuesday!

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
Do you have to order them separately, or can they be done on the same order together?

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Do you have to order them separately, or can they be done on the same order together?

I split my orders by promo code.
I couldn't get the order to take both codes and apply them to the appropriate cases.

So I had two orders one ending in promo 70 and one ending in promo 80.

I ordered like 2 in one order and 3 in another.

----------

OP thanks dude! i ordered 2 using promo codes. im a prime member. will get them on tuesday!

You are very welcome. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to post the deal so MR folks could get some kickin cases for their 6s on the cheap.

I'd been wanting to try these cases. I didn't see spending $20 for a case that I prolly wouldn't like. Especially that thin fit with the open top and bottom

And that red neo hybrid ex bumper...mang I been wanting that since day one!

ECUSnare

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2011
I split my orders by promo code.
I couldn't get the order to take both codes and apply them to the appropriate cases.

So I had two orders one ending in promo 70 and one ending in promo 80.

I ordered like 2 in one order and 3 in another.

----------

You are very welcome. I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to post the deal so MR folks could get some kickin cases for their 6s on the cheap.

I'd been wanting to try these cases. I didn't see spending $20 for a case that I prolly wouldn't like. Especially that thin fit with the open top and bottom

And that red neo hybrid ex bumper...mang I been wanting that since day one!
Thanks! The wife and I are upgrading at the end of the month. Got her a clear cover for the 6 since she wants the gold version and I grabbed the thin case and the neo dual layer.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
This is such an awesome thread! Thanks a lot, OP.

Two cases for less than $10 dollars from a brand name like Spigen? And I'll get both by Tuesday with free shipping?

Case Christmas!

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
Yeah OP thanks a lot I got three cases one for the wife and two for me, I also had to split my order by promo code. Thanks again!

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Yeah OP thanks a lot I got three cases one for the wife and two for me, I also had to split my order by promo code. Thanks again!

My loot arrived today from Amazon. It's gonna be a dress up party for my 6 plus tonight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 130

Itsedstech

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
Kansas
The promo codes? They can't last for ever. I posted this thread on Friday morning.

I know, i got one to work friday morning and then 2 minutes later none worked. i saw people posting this morning around 1am that they were still getting some to work

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
For today I chose the LIQUID CLEAR thin fit case. I like it because it is similar to the MCDODO case I took off.

The differences are that the Spigen case lacks port plugs which I like. The Spigen case also has a slightly textured inside which is nearly invisible once the case is on. That texture keeps the case from sticking to the phone. The Sligen feels a smidgen thicker and its tighter to get on vertically but the sides are a little loose. I don't think it could be much tighter or you wouldn't get it on without stretching it unevenly.

The case is nice & it feels good and it adds a little grippy feel. I'd like it in other colors. It's thin it may be just a hair below the camera but they put corner nodules to raise it the rest of the way.

There's no real drop protection. It's thin. It will protect from dings & scratches. If u want to roll sorta naked this is for you.

Great for ladies like me that carry a wristlet & don't want a bulky case.

It's a WINNER!!

eortizr

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2015
Dallas
Awesome, got 2 Neo Hybrid EX for the 6 plus, one in Gun Metal the other on Metal Slate, free shipping only $5.15 total...

eko91

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2015
employer of Spigen?

Yea, I'm having doubts where you work for Spigen or not. I did not know we were allowed to submit promo codes for certain brands. I mean these are good deals, but I was just curious. Either way, thanks for letting us know about this sale.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
yea, i'm having doubts where you work for spigen or not. I did not know we were allowed to submit promo codes for certain brands. I mean these are good deals, but i was just curious. Either way, thanks for letting us know about this sale.

lol.

----------

If anyone knows of any jobs where I can patrol the web for deals on cases for my iPhone 6 plus and get paid for telling people about the deals please PM me.

Thanks!

vLeo

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Houston
I ordered two this morning. One for the plus and one for the 6. Most are not working anymore though.

thanks for the promo code!

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2010
Today I'm trying the Red Neo Hybrid EX bumper thinggy.

Man that thing is a beast to get on. I think Spigen made the black part a hair to big maybe? Or is the Red outter hard bumper part too small by a hair? In any event I got the dang thing on.

Also these are the modified cases and there is something stuck to the buttons from the inside. Remember the issues they had with their cases at the 6 launch? The thing stuck to the buttons in this case is better than the ones they mailed out. Whatever the material is form fits better and I'm not as concerned about it coming off as I was the one I had from launch in 2014. Truth be told though I could see it coming off if you pick at it.

I will admit thinking about takin a razor blade to that logo tab on the back. It's just too obvious for me. Maybe it served a purpose in the manufacturing process? I just wish they'd have given users a way of detaching it by making it perforated.

Spigen does provide a clear back protector. That was a cool extra.

The red is pretty nice lookin though. It looks cool with the black face on my space grey 6+.

I'm also toying with taking a 1/16 drill bit to the side of the red part of this bad boy to add lanyard holes. I'll keep you posted if I do.

But for now I'm going to rock the red one for a week. For the price in the epic deal I'm thrilled. Would I have paid the $20 bucks for it. Never in a heartbeat. $20 bucks for a bumper is too much. But at $5 it's a dang WINNER!

Spigen should have given people a chance just to buy different coloured plastic bumpers. You know, buy one case...and then for variety since you already have the black part buy the coloured ring parts at a lower price. They could have made more colours and had a revenue stream that way. They could add lanyard holes, some could have bling, glow in the dark, I think they missed out on an opportunity.

If they or anyone uses my idea...they betta send me some $$$.

Last edited:

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
I ordered the Neo Hybrid for my 6 and, after a delivery screw up on the part of USPS, finally received it yesterday. I've always liked Spigen cases and used them in the past, so I jumped on this deal. For $4, this case is an absolute steal. I was previously using a black Tech21 Evo Mesh (a great case, by the way), but I like swapping cases every now and then. I love how tactile the buttons are, definitely the best out of any case I've tried yet. The case also looks and feels great.

The only drawback that I foresee is the possibility of snapping the plastic frame when taking the phone out of the case. On occasions, I use a Mophie Juice Pack, which will obviously require the phone to be removed from the Neo Hybrid. If the frame does end up snapping, the worst thing that'll happen is that I'll be out $4. No big loss.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.