Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjs402

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
I think he meant some of Somalian scumbags who rip people off. Could have said it a bit more eloquently but yeah, don't think it was meant as racist.

jaeb0922

macrumors 6502
Jan 25, 2012
Rhode Island
FYI There are "white" people in Africa. It's a geographical location.

I was going to write the same. There are more whites in S. Africa then any other race so if someone thinks someone is being racist by writing "Africians", who is really racist?! Wammo

----------

"I'm the captain now"

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
But the guys arm in the picture is not even dark?!

I guess racism just pumps through your dam veins

1. Hey genius, the picture with the guy wearing the watch I'm sure is a pic they took from the Internet to go along with the post.

2. It is well known craigslist and Facebook are feeding grounds for Nigerian scam artists. It's no different from tax fraud and Haitaian Americans.

3. I May not be African, but I'm Black. I'm not being racist. Maybe stereotypical, but not racist..........

Mascots

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
^
Should have probably specified Nigerian princes. Some people can be pretty dense :cool:

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
3. I May not be African, but I'm Black. I'm not being racist. Maybe stereotypical, but not racist..........

You being black has nothing to do with whether this could be considered racist/inappropriate. I'm African American/Black and that doesn't give you, me or anyone a free pass to make crazy ass comments.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
You being black has nothing to do with whether this could be considered racist/inappropriate. I'm African American/Black and that doesn't give you, me or anyone a free pass to make crazy ass comments.

Yo, chill,

The comment maybe could have been specified a bit more, but nonetheless, my comment is more than likely correct. The guy called me a racist. I was pointing out I too was black so his opinion of me was a little off. Stereotypical I admit my comment was but my reason for suggesting an African was the culprit behind the bogus craigslist post is well justified since Nigerians have a HUUUUGE reputation for scamming people via craigslist and eBay.

All I said was those Africans (Nigerians are in fact African) are ruthless. I didn't call them dark monkey scumbag thieves. Now that would have been wrong. Get a grip.

Diana Prince

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2011
Yo, chill,

The comment maybe could have been specified a bit more, but nonetheless, my comment is more than likely correct. The guy called me a racist. I was pointing out I too was black so his opinion of me was a little off. Stereotypical I admit my comment was but my reason for suggesting an African was the culprit behind the bogus craigslist post is well justified since Nigerians have a HUUUUGE reputation for scamming people via craigslist and eBay.

All I said was those Africans (Nigerians are in fact African) are ruthless. I didn't call them dark monkey scumbag thieves. Now that would have been wrong. Get a grip.

You missed me after "Yo Chill".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.