Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike.007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015
I want to purchase a new iPhone on Verizon. I wanted to know

1) is the iPhone 5c a good phone ?
2) How is the call quality on the iPhone 5c (Heard some things about the person you where talking to was not able to hear you that well) ?
3) Would it be better to wait till September when the iPhone 5s/6 or 6c become free / come out ?

Can only get a free phone on Verizon now so sadly cannot get 6/6+. Thank you for your time.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1

2) How is the call quality on the iPhone 5c (Heard some things about the person you where talking to was not able to hear you that well) ?
3) Would it be better to wait till September when the iPhone 5s/6 or 6c become free / come out ?

Can only get a free phone on Verizon now so sadly cannot get 6/6+. Thank you for your time.

The 5c is a good phone and the call quality is pretty standard on it, but I would wait until September if you can. Usually then Apple will drop the middle model (currently iPhone 5s) to the freebie spot. The 5s is much faster then the 5c and includes many more features, like Touch ID and a dual tone flash. Plus, it will be supported for longer and rumor has it the freebie model will be 16GB, doubling the storage of the current 5c (8GB).

In the long run, it would be worth it to wait until September considering the iPhone 5c has the same chip as the iPhone 5 from 2012.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA

It's a decent phone, but I wouldn't get anything with 8gb. You'll be really limited on apps and pictures, especially if you don't use iCloud Photo Library.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
I have a 5c as my back up phone, so although it's only 8GB, I don't use it everyday as I have my 6 for that. Generally speaking, I really like the 5c a lot. The only downside to the 8GB storage is the amount of apps and pictures you can have on the device. I have only installed the essential apps I want on my 5c, and I have Dropbox to sync any images I take to the app, so then I can delete them off my phone (when I use it).

That being said, if you really need a phone, then the 5c is a good choice. If you can wait, I would wait.

Mike.007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 12, 2015

Thank you to all for your time and help.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
It's a decent phone, but I wouldn't get anything with 8gb. You'll be really limited on apps and pictures, especially if you don't use iCloud Photo Library.

I gave my 32GB iPhone 5 to my father, and he has 28GB free after five months.#

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.