Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
Sadly the iphone 6 lasted 5 months., and Im back to a droid. It seems I rotate alot.
Iphone 4
Iphone 4s
Droid razor max
Iphone 5c
Droid razor HD
Samsung galaxy s4
Iphone 5s
Iphone 6
Now Nexus 6 64gb
The iphone 6 was great sleek slim, but felt it didnt offer me enough. I do enjoy customizing my phone (Software,roms). And now it seems like every single person has an IOS device. Guess I was getting sick of being mixed in the same sea.
First impression Nexus 6- wow huge freaking phone with a beautiful screen. No crappy bloatware, or lag. Battery wise could be alot better, but with this screen i cant expect much. The camera is pretty freaking awesome its pretty much same as the 6+ offers manual settings. You can really dial in a photo the way you want. I think I may really stick with this phone for at least a year -.- A year is not a long time for a phone, but I get bored easily.

Anyway figured I would share my thoughts, thanks.

Camera
Pros- resolution
Quality
Colors
manual settings
Cons-low light
adjusting to new set up

Speakers
Pros- terrific sound
front facing
Cons- attracts some dust

Phone feel
Pros- grippy
solid
Cons- back casing seems prone to peeling or could lift

Last edited:

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Sadly the iphone 6 lasted 5 months., and Im back to a droid. It seems I rotate alot.
Iphone 4
Iphone 4s
Droid razor max
Iphone 5c
Droid razor HD
Samsung galaxy s4
Iphone 5s
Iphone 6
Now Nexus 6 64gb
The iphone 6 was great sleek slim, but felt it didnt offer me enough. I do enjoy customizing my phone (Software,roms). And now it seems like every single person has an IOS device. Guess I was getting sick of being mixed in the same sea.
First impression Nexus 6- wow huge freaking phone with a beautiful screen. No crappy bloatware, or lag. Battery wise could be alot better, but with this screen i cant expect much. The camera is pretty freaking awesome its pretty much same as the 6+ offers manual settings. You can really dial in a photo the way you want. I think I may really stick with this phone for at least a year -.- A year is not a long time for a phone, but I get bored easily.

Anyway figured I would share my thoughts, thanks.
I knew my nexus 6 was going to be massive when I saw the box compared to my other devices. It is indeed a beast.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Not to be rude, but please don't call it a "Droid". That's the cheesy name Verizon created.

The Nazis I mean Verizon named their early Motorola Android phones 'Droid' for marketing reasons, while other carriers were already selling the Nexus-One and Nexus S the pure Google Android smartphone

Verizon didn't finally get a Nexus until years later with the Galaxy Nexus, and they really screwed that up. Google banned them from having a Nexus phone for three years

Last edited:

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
Not to be rude, buy please don't call it a "Droid". That's the cheesy name Verizon created.

^This. It shouldn't matter and it's probably just my own personal pet peeve but considering that it's specific to only a single carrier's devices, it makes one sound like they don't really know what they're talking about. Irritates me as much as hearing iTouch or iWatch.

Reactions: marshallbedsaul

marshallbedsaul

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
Utah
ok,
just has been my go to phrase its, Apple device or Droid(brainwashed well)
Yes I have verizon maybe thats why.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
It seems after months from initial release, 5.1 really optimizing the device, and the MacRumors peer pressure the N6 is blowing up on these boards.

It is easily the best Android device I have ever used as a sum of all the parts. Sure some have better cameras, better battery, better screens but from top to bottom on the overall it is the best Android device I have ever used.

Thats saying a lot as I have used almost all of the major ones.

Welcome to a great device and we will see how long you hold out before the next purchase as we all do. :)

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
It seems after months from initial release, 5.1 really optimizing the device, and the MacRumors peer pressure the N6 is blowing up on these boards.

It is easily the best Android device I have ever used as a sum of all the parts. Sure some have better cameras, better battery, better screens but from top to bottom on the overall it is the best Android device I have ever used.

Welcome to a great device and we will see how long you hold out before the next purchase as we all do. :)
Yeah how long before the next purchase indeed.

Strange thing is I wasn't wowed by N6 and I felt it too big, but using it for a while and whilst I still think it's big, i just really enjoy using it and speakers are great and like i say I think it's great media browsing device now.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
I do find myself playing a lot of hand gymnastics to get to that left side of the screen and tempting fate in doing so but other than that it is very manageable for me.

I will say I hope the skins I ordered do give some better grip for the back as the white is super slippery and added grip will be nice.

The video watching is downright amazing on YT for top res videos and then the front facing speakers add to the experience.

Minor gripe, sleep/wake button needs to be bigger and independently on one side of the device vs the same for the volume. I like the ridge but when grabbing the phone my finger gravitates to the volume rocker.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I do find myself playing a lot of hand gymnastics to get to that left side of the screen and tempting fate in doing so but other than that it is very manageable for me.

I will say I hope the skins I ordered do give some better grip for the back as the white is super slippery and added grip will be nice.

The video watching is downright amazing on YT for top res videos and then the front facing speakers add to the experience.

Minor gripe, sleep/wake button needs to be bigger and independently on one side of the device vs the same for the volume. I like the ridge but when grabbing the phone my finger gravitates to the volume rocker.
I tend to use ambient display so that when I pick it up i get the clock and can swipe to turn on device without needing to press power button. Thing is it doesn't always come on first time or as reliable as Active Display on the moto x

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012

Or maybe the Samsung S6 is too small or just isn't the cat's meow.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012

I have gotten pretty used to the large size Nexus 6 now, and to be honest, most phones I've owned recently; iPhone 6 Plus, OnePlus One, also needed hand gymnastics, and fumbling the phone around in my hand to use it. It's not just the Nexus 6, pretty much any phone over the 5" size like Galaxy S6 all need to be moved around to use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.