Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Did you receive the email of death?

• Yes

Votes: 256 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 180 41.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mctheriot

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
Just for the record:
- I got this email for my watch that has been charged and preparing to ship since Tuesday. (confirmation at :07)

- I've got another watch (confirmation at :11) that is still processing and NO email.

joshcls

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
Panama City, FL
Just for the record:
- I got this email for my watch that has been charged and preparing to ship since Tuesday. (confirmation at :07)

- I've got another watch (confirmation at :11) that is still processing and NO email.

You may be the first one... got screen shots? We need the hope you can provide... haha.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
There's still hope

Looking thru my email I got the iPhone 6 shipping notification email on 9/18 around 6am

I received the iPhone 6 the next day 9/19

So don't panic until tomorrow afternoon :D

The phone was already in
Louisville, KY, United States 09/18/2014
1 day shipping

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV
At least we haven't started to compare minutes and seconds from when we received this email!

Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 02:54:36 +0000 (GMT)

vishalc

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
So do you guys think the email is just trying to update us as its been almost 2 weeks since pre-order time? (to stop from calling support) Or is it saying don't expect it on launch day?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
So do you guys think the email is just trying to update us as its been almost 2 weeks since pre-order time? (to stop from calling support) Or is it saying don't expect it on launch day?

My guess is don't expect it on Friday.

joegleur

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
1. those that ordered later than then first 5 - 10 minutes will be getting their watches earlier.
2. those with later shipment dates are getting their watches earlier.

THAT'S WHAT'S ******** UP. not the fact that, "oh, apple didnt promise" or "date range" or "oh. holy apple did no wrong. dont chastitise the weak victim"

you want transparency? instead of, "hey, we're letting our execs dress nice and talk to journalists now", how about "let us inform our customers exactly what the process is and what is to be expected?". how about that huh?

and instead of that stupid email, start telling customers, "hey, we stuffed up (surprise!). you'll be getting it xxxx (based on our years of supply chain control)"

FreakWest

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
And Milanese loop.. those two seems to be more popular.

42MM Milanese. My account was charged Monday and the status has been "processing for shipment" since then.

I have not received any emails from Apple. Good or bad.

Any chance they have begun shipping but have had issues updating so many preorders properly?

mctheriot

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
An update, I just found that a UPS shipping label and tracking number was created about 5 minutes ago for the watch order that I received the EOD on.

Hang in there, I don't think the email is the kiss of death!

Just for the record:

Attachments

• UPS__Tracking_Information.jpg
    UPS__Tracking_Information.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Docd62

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2012
Hate to break it to you, but that does not appear to be the Apple Watch itself. Its label was created a day earlier than all the others, and it's not being sent by UPS Next Day Air. That's likely an accessory or something else entirely...

Agreed and the weight seems light all the others I've see have a weight of around 2.8lb. His is 1.0lb.

RichiMac

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
SoCal
a glimmer (or more) of hope

Got the email also have a tracking number. Keep your chins up.

OK, so PP gives us hope, i.e. has eod and a tracking number.

Just because the eod was sent to in processing customers, does not mean that none of us will get a friday delivery. It may mean that some won't. Maybe even Apple isn't sure yet which ones they won't get to in time. But think about it. How many total watches have been reported preparing to ship in these forums? I haven't made an exhaustive count, but I have been compulsively reading several threads the last few days. So is it in the dozens, hundreds? Certainly not the thousands. Yes, I know, not everyone who ordered comes here, but surely, even so the number so far is extremely low...for a product that sold a million or more the first night.

Apple said it would be constrained, but do you really think they were talking about only a thousand or so! If they were, there is going to be a huge outcry when that comes out.

So, based on that very fuzzy logic, my conclusion is that not everyone who got a letter is going to miss out on Friday (in addition to Pyro).

----------

An update, I just found that a UPS shipping label and tracking number was created about 5 minutes ago for the watch order that I received the EOD on.

see, more hope

jaykk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2002
CA
42MM Milanese. My account was charged Monday and the status has been "processing for shipment" since then.

I have not received any emails from Apple. Good or bad.

Any chance they have begun shipping but have had issues updating so many preorders properly?

If you got charged, and showing processing for shipment, you are good, you will get it.

In my case, there is no update at all since 10th @12:05PST.. 42MM Milanese, Southern California.

vishalc

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014

How do I find my UPS label?

soya

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
If you got charged, and showing processing for shipment, you are good, you will get it.

In my case, there is no update at all since 10th @12:05PST.. 42MM Milanese, Southern California.

Same thing for me.. 42mm SS Link

robaroo

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Seattle, WA
I can guarantee they really just sent this out to all the people who are in "processing" right now, but with the shipping date specified in the email. I am sure that it wasn't sent to people because they won't be getting it on Friday, simply to encourage people to be patient, and there is a chance they won't get it Friday, just like the original shipping estimate said when they ordered.

exactly this. someone in their cs department got sick and tired of being slammed for the last few days with requests for more information about when they'll be charged and when their order will be prepared for shipment. so they sent out this mailer in hopes of easing all of the calls and chats.

zmunkz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2007
1. those that ordered later than then first 5 - 10 minutes will be getting their watches earlier.
2. those with later shipment dates are getting their watches earlier.

THAT'S WHAT'S ******** UP. not the fact that, "oh, apple didnt promise" or "date range" or "oh. holy apple did no wrong. dont chastitise the weak victim"

you want transparency? instead of, "hey, we're letting our execs dress nice and talk to journalists now", how about "let us inform our customers exactly what the process is and what is to be expected?". how about that huh?

and instead of that stupid email, start telling customers, "hey, we stuffed up (surprise!). you'll be getting it xxxx (based on our years of supply chain control)"

... I didn't follow any of that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.