Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

colorspace

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2005
I became a wife very, very GRUDGINGLY -- especially since the seem to have removed the option of LR 6 for education this go around. I think it is also the first time that any of the CC apps will have significantly different capabilities out of "the box".

Adobe keeps turning the screw with us on the rack, I don't see them taking their hands off of the wheel either -- my guess is that the bastardized LR 6 is the last stand alone version -- which means I plan to keep some exit strategy in mind from the get go, should they decide to significantly crank up CC prices in the future -- inevitable?

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I became a wife very, very GRUDGINGLY -- especially since the seem to have removed the option of LR 6 for education this go around. I think it is also the first time that any of the CC apps will have significantly different capabilities out of "the box".

Adobe keeps turning the screw with us on the rack, I don't see them taking their hands off of the wheel either -- my guess is that the bastardized LR 6 is the last stand alone version -- which means I plan to keep some exit strategy in mind from the get go, should they decide to significantly crank up CC prices in the future -- inevitable?

$100 for this is cheap. Unless you only use Lr. Maybe Lr-only users are a small part of their market, but I can't remember the price ever RISING. I can see Lr6 getting neglected by comparison with Lr CC, but that's why we who subscribe are paying a premium.

Look at the latest Acrobat Pro. It went sub with Acrobat DC, which brings a lot of stuff besides the desktop application itself. But they still offer a perpetual.

If this gets you all worried, just use something else. Although not much else with these capabilities is much cheaper.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
I grabbed this deal also. But if this is a digital download (email code?), why is there a 3-7 Business day "delivery" shown on the product page?

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
I grabbed this deal also. But if this is a digital download (email code?), why is there a 3-7 Business day "delivery" shown on the product page?

You need to select the "download" version. The "card with download code" version is out of stock.

lcseds

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2006
NC, USA
You need to select the "download" version. The "card with download code" version is out of stock.

Yeah. I understand that now. I went with the one that was linked from many sites as being on sale and thought the card was the one to get for new users. Wasn't sure what the difference is and the descriptions didn't make that clear. I just have to wonder why the card version is even offered? Email with the registration should be all that's needed to download and use the software. Why bother with a version that has a physical card that is mailed out and you still use a downloaded copy of the the software? It's not a really big deal, I can download the demo then license it next week when I get the card. Just seems like an odd offering.

pezdaddy

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Is this only for new subscribers or can existing CC subs use it? I pay already for monthly, but 20 bucks savings would be nice...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.