Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xjonnysniperx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Hello all lurker for while, but first time poster. I received my rMB from Best buy today. I am loving it. I was wondering if there are tips or any additional things i should know as this is my first time using a Mac coming from PC.
BTW i read some where if i connect my iPhone to the a new mac it might delete some things is this correct? thank you in advance

5errated

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Hello all lurker for while, but first time poster. I received my rMB from Best buy today. I am loving it. I was wondering if there are tips or any additional things i should know as this is my first time using a Mac coming from PC.
BTW i read some where if i connect my iPhone to the a new mac it might delete some things is this correct? thank you in advance

Welcome to the dark side! Apple's website has a whole section dedicated to people who are switching from windows. It goes over how to do equivalent things in OS X. Cheers.

Reactions: adib

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
If you use ALT+Print Screen at all in Windows, the OS X equivalent is:
SHIFT+Command+4, then press the spacebar, then click on the window you're screen-shotting.

Found that key combination by accident somewhere.

Reactions: Zorba

iRun26.2

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2010
If you use ALT+Print Screen at all in Windows, the OS X equivalent is:
SHIFT+Command+4, then press the spacebar, then click on the window you're screen-shotting.

Found that key combination by accident somewhere.

I use that all the time. It took me a while to find it when I moved over from Windows.

Frost17

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2011
All of the data on your iPhone will be removed when you sync for the first time. It will ask you if you want to do this. I'd back up your data to iCloud, then sync it to allow it to become your 'home' computer for your iPhone.

adib

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2010
Singapore
Welcome to the dark side! Apple's website has a whole section dedicated to people who are switching from windows. It goes over how to do equivalent things in OS X. Cheers.

I have an Android-user friend saying that Apple is the light side because there's only one "true" way of doing things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.