Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
iPad Mini 2, 32GB, Wifi only, Black.

I got it for work, I have a lot of downtime there and always use my phone. So now I can set my phone done and just use the iPad, which is pretty much the same thing but bigger an better experience, plus the battery life is 10 hours, so now I don't have to worry about always charging my phone which tends to be a problem.

So its the perfect thing in this situation. I didn't get the Air because I like the size of the mini, being able to hold it in one hand while reading or playing a game is awesome.

I just had to tell someone and share and if I can't tell you guys, then who can I tell?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
iPad Mini 2, 32GB, Wifi only, Black.

I got it for work, I have a lot of downtime there and always use my phone. So now I can set my phone done and just use the iPad, which is pretty much the same thing but bigger an better experience, plus the battery life is 10 hours, so now I don't have to worry about always charging my phone which tends to be a problem.

So its the perfect thing in this situation. I didn't get the Air because I like the size of the mini, being able to hold it in one hand while reading or playing a game is awesome.

I just had to tell someone and share and if I can't tell you guys, then who can I tell?

I use my rMini 2 at work all day, every day. It is a fantastical magical machine. Congradulations on your purchase, you will really enjoy the software offered vs the iPhone software for the same apps.
I have an iPad Air as well, but the portability makes it perfect for outside he home. i take mine everywhere and even at home I use it almost exclusively. It just fits me.

DiCaprioAngel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2013
New York
Congrats on your purchase! The rMini is a great device! I bought mine on Christmas day of 2013, I got the 128GB because I knew this was going to be my go-to device when I'm out of the house so I put movies, books, and music plus all my favorite apps/games on it and I still have storage left. It's the perfect size for me and it works great for what I need it to do. I love that Apple created a smaller tablet. It's one of my favorite iDevices :)

panluegg

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2015
Well,ake mine everywhere and even at home I use it almost exclusively. It just fits me.
yzg3

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I've been thinking about replacing my OG mini. It's really laggy since my update to 8.

If you have the cash to spend, you should go for it. The 1st gen retina is what I have and it is not laggy in the slightest. As stated above, I use it constantly. It provides an enjoyable experience. :)

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
Lots of different opinions out here. Conflicting statements about individuals use. In the end, you will have to make a decision. You will save a lot of money by not waiting, and if your rMini 2 is jittery, you can always return it and wait for the 4. :)

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
i was going to get the rMini 3 but the only difference is touch ID so I was like eh, I'll sell the 2 when the 4 comes out.

iLLUMI

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2012
Congrats!
I recently bought an iPad Mini 2 (32Gb Space Grey). My first iOS 8 device. Still have an iPad 2 running iOS 5. :D
The rMini is great for travelling and general use. My iPad 2 is seemingly getting ready for forced retirement. :D

Battery life is good but it is a higher spec device etc so battery use is greater. But all good in that regard. iOS 8 (8.0.2) runs smoothly and is an awesome OS (compared to iOS 5).
Love being able to use MS Word and MS Excel on my iPad. So handy! And you don't need to pay for it. :D

Bought a black, Mercury Goospery case with smart cover function and card holder etc. Looks great, feels great. You can get them online for around $12. Much cheaper than buying them at the mall where they charge $40 for the same thing.

The rMini even fits into one of the back pockets of my jeans (a larger and deeper sized pocket) which is really cool. :cool:

Anyway enjoy your rMini!! ;)

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Nice!

I just got the iPad Mini 2 32gb cellular (T-Mobile) and absolutely love it. I paid $349 and wonder if that was a good deal. What do you guys think?

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I am still using my rMini 2, 32gb ATT that I got at launch with Apple care. I paid over 800 for all and feel that every penny was well spent. IMO, you did get a good deal. Mine is a joy to use, I'm sure you will enjoy yours. Congratulations on your purchase #

keatth

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
After a few days with the mini I just ordered an iPad air 2, going to be returning the mini. I really want the bigge screen and faster processor and 2gb of ram. So excited for it to come in, mini is still great though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.