Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ApoorvPrem

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2011
India
Broadwell is coming

Check Apple's site. It's saying 1-2 weeks shipping time for the 750M model. They are definitely slowing down the production.

mcarling

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2009
Check Apple's site. It's saying 1-2 weeks shipping time for the 750M model. They are definitely slowing down the production.

The base 15" rMBP still shows "In Stock" at the US Apple Store. I'll wait until both have shipping delays before reading too much into it.

charea

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
The rumor that Broadwell-H might be cancelled seems to have originated here. It is pure speculation and not supported by the actual statements made by Intel.
http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-corporation-just-cancel-broadwell-h-and.aspx

If Intel were not going to be shipping Broadwell-H this summer, it would have been cancelled many months ago and it would be news announced by Intel, not speculation on a rumor site.

Well the fact the we had no info on Broadwell-H, with Broadwell-U and Broadwell-K specs already detailed is suspicious at least. Moreover, we have now info leaked on the first models of Skylake-S. The quadcore 35W TDP variant will probably be ideal for a redesigned Macbook Pro 15".

ryanmillercg

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2014
Toronto, ON
Anyone think they might go with a GeForce 960M? They're fitting that card into laptops of the same general thickness. Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Here's hoping for at least 950M though, if they go integrated only I'll be one sad panda..

mcarling

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2009
Well the fact the we had no info on Broadwell-H, with Broadwell-U and Broadwell-K specs already detailed is suspicious at least. Moreover, we have now info leaked on the first models of Skylake-S. The quadcore 35W TDP variant will probably be ideal for a redesigned Macbook Pro 15".

It seems yesterday saw the first leak of some desktop Broadwell CPUs set to be released next month. http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/intel_broadwell_core_i7_5775c_core_i5_5675c_released_mid_may.html

The fact that we don't yet have a leak about specific CPUs to be released in the summer does not justify suspicion that they have been canceled.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Here's an Intel PDF that mentions Broadwell HQ parts. (I'm not sure if it's already been posted.)

Mobile Processors
5th gen

i7-5700HQ
i7-5750HQ
i7-5850HQ
i7-5950HQ
If Intel were not going to be shipping Broadwell-H this summer, it would have been cancelled many months ago and it would be news announced by Intel, not speculation on a rumor site.
The PDF is from 2014 so things may have changed since then. But I tend to agree with mcarling that we'd already have substantial information about Broadwell-H being canceled if that had happened. The dual-core 45 nm Nehalem variants Havendale and Auburndale were originally planned for 2009 H2, but were canceled in favor of 32 nm Westmere variants Clarkdale and Arrandale, which were planned for late 2009 (production). This change was made official in February 2009 (maybe earlier).

G-News

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
Switzerland
I bought a 15" rMBP very recently and it took them 2 weeks to get them back in stock here in Switzerland. And they're still sold out in most places. I already figured as much when they had a deal for 500.- off Apple's list price. Never mind though, at such a low price you can't go wrong even if they release a new one tomorrow.

Dead0k

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2015
Poland
I bought a 15" rMBP very recently and it took them 2 weeks to get them back in stock here in Switzerland. And they're still sold out in most places. I already figured as much when they had a deal for 500.- off Apple's list price. Never mind though, at such a low price you can't go wrong even if they release a new one tomorrow.

where did you find that price level drops?

mjs402

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
Canada: 15 inch model with the dGPU is now 2-3 weeks wait for shipping.
1 business day on the business model.

Edit: US store the same too.

G-News

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2013
Switzerland
With the 750M being a bit old by now it might just be nVidia's supply of those drying up. The iGPU model is in stock everywhere here

keonoh

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
If Apple announces a refreshed 15" rMBP on June 8th at WWDC, would it be available to buy immediately? Don't remember what happened for the last refresh...

Drakas

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2015
Canada: 15 inch model with the dGPU is now 2-3 weeks wait for shipping.
1 business day on the business model.

Edit: US store the same too.

I'm from Italy, so apple Store in italy says:

- 2-3 weeks for shipping for the 15 with dGPU
- in stock for the 15 with integrated gpu intel.

i'm wonder why this delay is affected only for the dGPU model. is it time for an upgrade of it? :D

charea

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2015
So now we have more detailed leaks of the quad-core 35W Skylake-S models:

Core i5-6400T
Core i5-6500T
Core i5-6600T
Core i7-6700T

The i7 has a base core clock of 2.8 Ghz boosts up to 3.6Ghz, which is similar to the current Hasswell-H CPUs in the Macbook pro 15" with 47W TDP. Which means that Intel went all-in in improving power efficiency instead of increasing clock speed. Also, unsurprisingly, still no life sign of any Broadwell-H.

Source:
http://www.maximumpc.com/intels_skylake-s_lineup_reportedly_leaked200

chad.petree

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Germany
Asus pretty much released what the revised macbook pro 15" should be, the ZenBook Pro UX501

It has a 4k Display, i7 4720HQ 2.6 GHz (quad core), a 512GB PCIe SSD, 16GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and everything for supposedly 1800 $, although it's on Amazon for 1999 $ but still damn!

The battery life sounds kinda sucky though, only 6 hours? How much real use time does the macbook pro 15" 2014 get? My macbook pro 15" retina 2012 gets about 5 hours maybe?

All it's missing it's an usb type c port.

Last edited:

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Asus pretty much released what the revised macbook pro 15" should be, a 4k Display, i7 4720HQ 2.6 GHz (quad core), a 512GB PCIe SSD, 16GB of RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and everything for supposedly 1800 $ although it's on Amazon for 1900 but still damn! The battery life sounds kinda sucky though 6 hours? How much real time does the macbook pro 15" 2014 gets? My macbook pro 15" retina 2012 gets about 5 hours?

All it's missing it's an usb type c port.

That computer is slightly bigger and heavier and thicker than the 15" MB Pro. Looks ugly too, I bet it won't last 4 years before something breaks on it.

http://www.asus.com/us/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/G501JW/

Also it look like a cross between the MacBook Pro and and Alienware:

fg00.png

prospervic

macrumors 65816
Aug 2, 2007
NYC
Ahh, so its a MacBook Pro with silver keys. Its still slightly bigger and thicker and heavier. I'd rather still have the original Apple Mac, not a rip off. However it does have nice specs.

Note only does the hardware look like a Mac, the webpage is a blatant rip-off of Apple's style.
http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ZenBook_Pro_UX501/

If its true that "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", Apple must be blushing right about now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.