Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I have a folder on my new MB called Media. It has 2 folders: Videos & Photos. I have 800 videos and 8,000 photos that totals about 60GB. I only want to upload them to iCloud (I think?) so they will always be available on my iDevices and then I want to share them all with my wife. I just upgraded to the 200GB iCloud plan today.

I went into the photos app and imported them all in a pretty short time, maybe a couple hours. Then I assumed the photos app on my iPhone 6 Plus would sync up with the Photos app on my MB. It showed everything uploaded on my MB but after 3 hours about 8 videos were showing on my iPhone. So at this pace it will take forever. Then for fun I went onto iCloud.com and checked and it has 30 videos showing.

At the same time I had requested to shared all 800 videos. My iPhone was showing 300 videos shared despite only showing 8 videos in my regular albums. I'm so lost what's going on.

If I import to photos do they automatically get uploaded to the cloud? And my internet is pretty fast 50/50. Is it really that slow that only 8 videos get uploaded in 3 hours? And how did I manage to share 300 videos if only 8 are uploaded? And why is iCloud showing a completely different number altogether? I also noticed that the 8 uploaded videos has not gone up in the past 2 hours. It looks like it has stopped completely. Where exactly are the 300 shared videos saved because on my phone it says I'm only using 1GB of my iCloud space. Not bad for 300 videos. What a mess.

I'm just about ready to scrap this experiment and move to something simpler. This is about as clear as mud and not user friendly at all.

noobinator

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
It keeps getting worse.

Last night I deleted all my albums and photos in the photos app on my MB.

The program hung and wouldn't close after I deleted everything. So I force closed the program. This morning I have 2,000 new photos in my photos app on my iPhone but the Photos app on my MB is still empty. And iCloud.com is showing 42 videos and no photos.

Now it seems to be doing something in the background that I can't check the progress of, nor can I stop it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.