Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thirteen1031

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2004
i dont remember it being late in terms of people ordering it and it not showing of for months.
Actually Apple said they were going to sell it, and via "Best Buy" people could order it and were only told a bit later that it wasn't for sale. Apple had to scramble to make sure everyone knew the white phone had been taken off the menu and a LOT of customers were pissed at that.

But that the white iPhone situation wasn't exactly the same as the watch situation isn't the point. The point is that the results were the same: angry customers saying "why didn't Apple know this?" Both were snafus that Apple didn't anticipate, thanks to a situation that they hadn't dealt with before; and they had to make last-minute decisions that weren't popular. A learning experience if you like ;)

I'm not saying you have to like the way they're rolling out the watch--I sure don't. But they do have inventory. They just didn't have enough, and they clearly underestimated the popularity of certain types of watches over others. Frankly, that's hard to predict: what will be most popular and exactly how many people will want it? The colored iPods were that way. They didn't have enough of what turned out to the most popular color and stores quickly ran out.

Apple runs at a high watermark most of the time, but no one is perfect. Stuff happens.

flaw600

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2014
I've yet to see for Apple to ask which wrist you wear your watch on and thus allow that adjuster wheel to be on the inside of either wrist to your hand.

In short, if I'm using the watch on my right wrist the dial is away from my left hand instead of easily matching up and allowing my left hand to quickly control the dial.

It seems predominantly designed for right handed only people, which is odd since my old boss, Steven P. Jobs, was left-handed and he sure as heck would have screamed bloody murder on not having that option.

And you clearly haven't been paying attention. That's one of the first things the Watch asks you upon setup - which wrist you're going to wear it on. The Crown is supposed to face towards the hand, regardless which hand its on for easy reach. Your boss would've told you to pay attention.

rowspaxe

macrumors 68020
Jan 29, 2010
They - like the rest of the watch - look much better in person.

My girlfriend said 'don't get the sport band, it looks cheap' until she saw one in person.

never got the looks different "in person" claim--i found it looked exactly like its many photographic and video representations

discussion of apps in this clip painfully confirms how useless this product is

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Ok, after watching the iFixit video, it's just amazing to me how much of an entire production a teardown has become. That was a really well done video. I'm surprised that it got a 5/10 score. I thought it was going to be the first device to get a 0, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.