Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

klooney

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2008
Is anyone experience the same issue? The app hangs (white spinning circle). Is this because my phone is jailbroken? Is there a way around it?

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
Same thing is happening to me and reinstalling unfortunately didn't solve this

skywalka

macrumors newbie
Mar 7, 2013
The makers of the Australian Foxtel app don't allow it to work on jailbroken phones. It tells you when it detects this.

There are other apps that do the same thing. Maybe HBO's does?

But there's a tweak to fool the apps into thinking the phone is not jailbroken.

It works but I don't remember what it's called. Try Googling it.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Is anyone experience the same issue? The app hangs (white spinning circle). Is this because my phone is jailbroken? Is there a way around it?

I'm Jailbroken and running HBONow without any issue. I did notice that it felt like a lot of the loading screens (with the white spinning circle) did feel like they were taking a long time to load yesterday. I'm guessing that this was simply due to the huge volume of traffic on their servers for the release of the new Game of Thrones last night.

Were you on wireless data when accessing HBONow or on Wifi? I noticed on AT&T LTE (mediocre around here in Boston) that it would sometimes take 8-10seconds on each of those spinning white loading screens before pulling content down.

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I'm on a jb iPhone 6+ ios 8.1 and I have a weird issue. Anything I type in text fields clears away after going to the next field. This won't allow me to either sign up or log in. I created my account on my iPad which is non jb and on ios 8.2. So all I need to do at this point is sign in on my phone.
I've deleted and reinstalled the app as well as resprung and rebooted. It's weird that I have this issue only on the hbonow app.
Anyone have any ideas?

My initial thoughts are that there's a jb tweak that's causing an issue. Before I went ahead and delete a bunch of them I thought I'd ask

Last edited:

faizoff

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Found another area where my text got cleared is when I went to enter credit card information. Don't remember happening it before, might be ReachApp as that was the last app I updated.

Edit: Yup it was ReachApp, removed the app and now I can sign in HBONow and enter credit card information anywhere.

iamangeln

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2013
So I found a work around, boot up in safe mode, then set up your account/free trial once you get in, restart in regular mode and you should be fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.