Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Russiaone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 7, 2010
I hate to admit it, but my phone and I have a Linus and his blanket type of relationship. It's not that i can't go a day without using it, but i simply feel more... at ease with the damn thing.

And since it's such a sexy device i love just picking it up and looking at it.

Not to mention I want to get as much enjoyment out of my thousand-dollar device as possible.

Sad?

Perhaps.

But I've so much music and I can capture so many moments. And lest we forget our phones can (gasp!) make phone calls?

How about you guys/gals?:p

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I hate to admit it, but my phone and I have a Linus and his blanket type of relationship. It's not that i can't go a day without using it, but i simply feel more... at ease with the damn thing.

And since it's such a sexy device i love just picking it up and looking at it.

Not to mention I want to get as much enjoyment out of my thousand-dollar device as possible.

Sad?

Perhaps.

But I've so much music and I can capture so many moments. And lest we forget our phones can (gasp!) make phone calls?

How about you guys/gals?:p

I'd have to agree, but I have a lot going on and need to be available.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
My phone and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate talking on the phone, but realize the importance of having a phone in this day and age. Love the technology. I barely use mine though. It is there for me if I need to be contacted because I am on call pretty much 24/7.

It is very hard to get me directly by phone though as I generally keep it in my work backpack and never hear it to answer it. When at home it is in my office and I do not answer it. I tend to use it when I need tech support in my job as it allows me to be mobile.

Could I do without it? Yes. Would I miss it? A little. Is it fun to have? Well yeah, even if I do not use it a lot!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
We're growing apart. This weekend, he screamed at me multiple times about some flash flood warning, and I have a feeling that he's going to bring it up again tonight.

He also thinks I should get out of the house more. :mad: :p

ardchoille50

macrumors 68020
Feb 6, 2014
My phone is my best friend. Being hearing impaired, I cannot simply pick up a public phone so I rely on my iPhone for communications both in the home and out of the house. I would feel disconnected without it.

zangxuma

macrumors newbie
Feb 8, 2015
19-cellphone-facts.nocrop.w529.h767.gif

A recent national survey reveals some of the habits we've picked up as we increasingly rely on our phones to keep our lives organized. Some said they couldn't imagine life without their phones. Many admitted to sleeping with their phones. And even more people said they check in with their phones regularly — you know, just to see how it's going. You and that phone of yours! You sure have something special, huh?

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013

A recent national survey reveals some of the habits we've picked up as we increasingly rely on our phones to keep our lives organized. Some said they couldn't imagine life without their phones. Many admitted to sleeping with their phones. And even more people said they check in with their phones regularly — you know, just to see how it's going. You and that phone of yours! You sure have something special, huh?

I'm in the 29% #
I do use my phone mainly for web browsing and social media rather than calls and texts. Calls and texts probably account for 5% of my daily usage.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
My iPhone is priceless to me as it allows me to leave the office and yet keep my company going. It is awesone to have email, texts and all of my customer contracts at my finger tips using DropBox.

If my phone were stolen or it quit working, there is a spare 6+ sitting in my office drawer ready to go.

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
We're growing apart. This weekend, he screamed at me multiple times about some flash flood warning, and I have a feeling that he's going to bring it up again tonight.

He also thinks I should get out of the house more. :mad: :p

Hilarious!

I would say that I'm pretty attached to my phone. It comes with me everywhere, and it's how people get a hold of me. Sure I could live without it, but I really wouldn't want to. If I need to get away from my phone, I can always take a trip into the back country where I can't be reached.

adamhenry

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2015
On the Beach
I don't have a landline so my iPhone is extremely useful for phone calls. Texting is nice option to have available. Having my calendar available while mobile is very useful when making appointments. I use the notes app to store addresses.

I have a Transit app that gives me access to bus and train schedules while out and about. I use a couple different mapping apps for navigating to addresses. The music app makes my time spent walking and riding public transportation more enjoyable.

Overall my iPhone is very useful to me. I would need a handful of items and a way to carry them to replace the extra functions available on the iPhone.

Q-Dog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2007
I'm more attached to my ipad. The phone is the thing i keep forgetting when I leave the house.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Very! It goes with me everywhere. I even have an app so I can clock in for my part time job. When I go to class it's usually in my pocket. Every time I leave the house I have to make sure it's in my purse and that it's still there when I'm heading home. We very much have a Linus and his blanket relationship! I practically get separation anxiety when the battery dies or I accidentally forget it at home when I go somewhere. My boyfriend complains, but he's the same way with his iPad Mini. When we go somewhere to eat that has wifi, he tries to take it out and watch Netflix! What a world we live in.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It comes everywhere that I can think of except maybe the shower. But even during that time it's sitting out on the kitchen counter Airplaying some music to my stereo. Otherwise it's almost always within arms reach.

I remember a weekend trip to the mountains a few months ago there was a place we stayed overnight that didn't have service nor WiFi. What a painful experience.

TheLondonFella

Suspended
Oct 6, 2014
It comes everywhere that I can think of except maybe the shower. But even during that time it's sitting out on the kitchen counter Airplaying some music to my stereo. Otherwise it's almost always within arms reach.

I remember a weekend trip to the mountains a few months ago there was a place we stayed overnight that didn't have service nor WiFi. What a painful experience.

Talking of taking it into the shower ...

When do you reckon we will see a waterproof iPhone?

I never take my iPhone out when it's raining.

Absolutely never.

I look forward to seeing a waterproof iPhone ...

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
I have always been fascinated with my cellphones, but after getting my first smart phone, a iphone 5s, it's at a whole different level. It's always with me. When I got the smartphone, I said if it breaks I will just go back and use one of my old phones, but now it's NO WAY. I don't play games on mine, but use it to play music and browse for news all the time. Can't imagine being without it.:)

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
During the day I almost always have my phone with me. The only exception is when it's plugged into the charger.

I'd say I'm pretty attached to it, because it is a million times more awesome than the Mac that I coveted 30 years ago.

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I hate using it, but I love the device, from a technology standpoint. I also can not leave the house without it, even if I do not want to use it. I love using it at my own leisure, for example, remote control lights, Apple Pay, and so on. I hate using it as a phone even though hits a necessity for work. I now rarely use my Mac, I might as well leave the thing at my office, but I still feel like I should take it home every day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.