Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
God bless the early adopters.

I cancelled my order, and am waiting for Gen 2.

Ha! Yeah, I didn't even order... I'm not saying I wouldn't get a gen 1. Just that I want to see how things go, how people feel about this one first.

When do early adopters stop being early adopters and just "On-time" adopters. Or maybe just adopters?

When companies can start consistently producing flawless products on their first iteration. Because that will never, ever happen on a broad spectrum, any time something new comes out, the first people to do/get it will always be called "early adopters". Why does that bother you? You reply as if you're taking the word "early" as being derogatory. Why? It's not.

Amytauber

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2015
I ordered the sport model 42mm in Pink at 12:03am. It is still processing. I've seen a lot about the black model but it it doesn't seem that the pink model has shipped to anyone. If I am wrong would you let me know?

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
How has it been playing with it over the weekend? Cool i bet.. I'm sitting here like pleb still waiting for a status update.:(

Very good. The best part is how quickly it fades into the background. I don’t find myself actively checking it. Having filtered out notification on my watch and allowing even fewer to my watch, I rarely get notifications at all. I find I’m using the simple face the most with details turned down. But it’s fun to change them around according to mood.

Activity is already doing me good, with a 15K walk to double my move and exercise goals on Saturday. I’m looking forward to the stand notification doing me good at the office.

My wife is still waiting for hers, but I had the chance to try out tap and drawing with a friend who also got theirs.

As it is early days some apps are close to useless. My friend who works for the Guardian wanted to know what their app was like. It displays one top headline with picture and no way to interact with it. Crazy.

Shazam is but a remote for the phone app which does the listening (expected), but Siri’s song identification use handoff to activate the phone which adds another annoying step. Every projected third party app is as expected pretty slow. But once they are loaded pretty useful.

Battery life is not a worry at all. I forgot to charge the watch the first two nights and both mornings woke up with battery to spare. It fully charges in less than two hours.

I also got a couple of games, but I’ve been too busy to play with them. Generally it just does its job: Looks good on your arm, tracks your activity and provides you with the most important notifications. The presentation is a delight: gentle taps, playful animations and always classy.

By far my most favourite third party demo is OnSwitch which lets me control my LiFX bulbs from my wrist. THE FUTURE!

Imserious

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Australia
Very good. The best part is how quickly it fades into the background. I don’t find myself actively checking it. Having filtered out notification on my watch and allowing even fewer to my watch, I rarely get notifications at all. I find I’m using the simple face the most with details turned down. But it’s fun to change them around according to mood.

Activity is already doing me good, with a 15K walk to double my move and exercise goals on Saturday. I’m looking forward to the stand notification doing me good at the office.

My wife is still waiting for hers, but I had the chance to try out tap and drawing with a friend who also got theirs.

As it is early days some apps are close to useless. My friend who works for the Guardian wanted to know what their app was like. It displays one top headline with picture and no way to interact with it. Crazy.

Shazam is but a remote for the phone app which does the listening (expected), but Siri’s song identification use handoff to activate the phone which adds another annoying step. Every projected third party app is as expected pretty slow. But once they are loaded pretty useful.

Battery life is not a worry at all. I forgot to charge the watch the first two nights and both mornings woke up with battery to spare. It fully charges in less than two hours.

I also got a couple of games, but I’ve been too busy to play with them. Generally it just does its job: Looks good on your arm, tracks your activity and provides you with the most important notifications. The presentation is a delight: gentle taps, playful animations and always classy.

By far my most favourite third party demo is OnSwitch which lets me control my LiFX bulbs from my wrist. THE FUTURE!

Fantastic! Apps can only improve from here. I'm Hoping for an INSTEON app for the same functionality.

BroncoEmpire

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2015
Australia Update Request

Hi Guys. Has anyone on the East Coast of Queensland, Australia received their Apple Watch yet?

Also, is there a direct link to Apple Support Chat? I have been trying for days to find one. I had a chat session about a week ago but I can no longer find that link.

Getting worried that something will push my order back due to the fact that I have not had any response or updates from Apple.

rhysbentley

macrumors newbie
Hi Guys. Has anyone on the East Coast of Queensland, Australia received their Apple Watch yet?

Also, is there a direct link to Apple Support Chat? I have been trying for days to find one. I had a chat session about a week ago but I can no longer find that link.

Getting worried that something will push my order back due to the fact that I have not had any response or updates from Apple.

I haven't received mine yet and i'm from Brisbane (42MM SS BLK SPORT BAND). Technically they have till the 8th of May to deliver. If your in the first round of shipments. We just have to be patient till then. if you don't get a shipment notice by the 6th or 7th then i would reach out to apple. You can call their online store #133 622 and they should be able to help you out if you are having any issues

Imserious

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Australia

Ok mine went prepping for shipment last night and my card charged for the watch but not the apple care. I am hoping that i get a further update today for shipping.:cool:

Imserious

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
Australia
FINALLY, I got a shipment confirmation for Central QLD SGS BSB. I ordered and 5:05. Went from pending charge to shipped within a day (16 hours):apple::D:apple:.

A friend ordered his same model watch at exactly the same time as i did but his has not changed.:confused:

Brendan03

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2011
Brisbane, Aus.
FINALLY, I got a shipment confirmation for Central QLD SGS BSB. I ordered and 5:05. Went from pending charge to shipped within a day (16 hours):apple::D:apple:.

A friend ordered his same model watch at exactly the same time as i did but his has not changed.:confused:

Brisbane here. Black Stainless Steel Link (Confirmation :02:32) - No changes yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.