Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
Well it can't be worse than last season...

I'm going to watch Fulham v Boro tomorrow. My friend is a big Boro fan (literally, he's 6"6) and I love Craven Cottage. Location of my favourite away trip of 2014/15.

Best away days:
1. Fulham (won 3-0)
2. Blackburn (lost 2-1)
3. Norwich (drew 1-1)

Honourable mentions for Brentford, Nottingham Forest and Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Worst away days:
1. Ipswich (lost 4-1)
2. Brighton & Hove (lost 2-0)
3. Sunderland (FA Cup) (lost 1-0)

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
I wish they'd show more MLS games here in the U.S. Always have to follow games on my phone cause they broadcast bull crap. I stream some EPL games on my Mac.

dont know if you know but they are braodcasting MLS games on fridays now on Unimas (latin channel) but you can change the audio to english if u want

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
dont know if you know but they are braodcasting MLS games on fridays now on Unimas (latin channel) but you can change the audio to english if u want

I saw that. I think it's great but they should get it out more to different channels. I hope that happens with time.

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I wish they'd show more MLS games here in the U.S. Always have to follow games on my phone cause they broadcast bull crap. I stream some EPL games on my Mac.

i've seen enough MLS matches to know i don't need to see that many more. I love the Crew and kinda have taken a shine to Portland but the matches are still way too "ping pongy" for me to tolerate for long.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
seems like Gündogan is on his way to Manchester Utd. - 1 year left in the contract for roundabout 30m€, good deal for Dortmund if you ask me. Sad to see him go but I hope he finds back his form, classy player.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
seems like Gündogan is on his way to Manchester Utd. - 1 year left in the contract for roundabout 30m€, good deal for Dortmund if you ask me. Sad to see him go but I hope he finds back his form, classy player.

We will welcome him to OT.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Seems a bit injury prone though...like Res.

I'm always wary of injury-prone players coming to England. It rarely works out well.

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
i've seen enough MLS matches to know i don't need to see that many more. I love the Crew and kinda have taken a shine to Portland but the matches are still way too "ping pongy" for me to tolerate for long.

I guess so. It will help them grow though. I really hope the MLS can grow into something huge like NFL. I know it's come a long way since they first started the MLS.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010
PSV are the champions of the Netherlands, and already players are getting ready to move.
Memphis Depay has been off to Liverpool and Paris this week. He is just the first he will not be the last.

The fact that the top teams in the Netherlands can't keep their best players, has damaged football here. But it has enriched the teams of other European countries, and given these players experience of top level.

This has meant that the Netherlands punches far above it's weight on the international scene.

FIFA World Cup:
Runners-up (3): 1974, 1978, 2010
Third place (1): 2014
Fourth place (1): 1998

UEFA European Championship:
Winners (1): 1988
Third place (1): 1976
Semi-Final (3): 1992, 2000, 2004

All this from a nation that didn't have professional football until 1955, and has a population of 16,000,000

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
RE: the Bayern incident

- what I don't understand is why Bayern wines that they have to bear too many injuries, when they are supposed to spent their awfull lot of money well so that they have an A-class player as a backup for the backup?
- I don't know, what is true, but if Müller-Wohlfahrt is not lying, then Pep gets even more and more unsympathetic to me (I don't like that the word ends with -pathetic in English, that gives it a totally different sound of meaning... in my uneducated German ears, at least ;) ).

from today on Mainz is in the "safety zone" :) They can now loose every match and won't go to the second league.

@ twietee:
0:1 against Bayern, you did a good job! (I like your Braunschweig inspired yelow-orange shirts and blue pants. ;) )

Btw. it is the first year every that Bayern is rivaling the 1st place of the womens league with Wolfsburg and Frankfurt who have been Deutscher Meister over the last years, and that with close points. Bayern has invested in their youth and a lot of their current team is home made.
Points: Wolfsb. 54 (21 matches), Fr. 52 (21 matches), Bay. 50 (20 matches) (It is 12 teams in the 1st league).

While I am at it... :D Germany had won a test against Brazil 4:0 two weeks ago. Germany had to substitute and newly nominate about 12 players. It seems all the injuries have given room for good (though some players are very young, that could become a problem in a large scale WC scenario, not to say on artificial green, but a few of them have already played on the same pitches in the U20 WC-2014, so maybe a plus in the end, too). I'd say luck under the circumstances.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
I guess so. It will help them grow though. I really hope the MLS can grow into something huge like NFL. I know it's come a long way since they first started the MLS.

yeah they really have.

and i actually found myself jonesing for a match on tv yesterday! ha.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Looking forward to the Arsenal vs. Chelsea game today. Chelsea has the EPL title race pretty much wrapped up but maybe Arsenal can make it interesting.

I like Chelsea but they can sure be boring to watch for long stretches of time.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Chelsea didn't make much impression in Europe this season, and they win the league almost by default. The Premier League is really something less than the sum of its parts, considering the money being spent there.

Meanwhile, in 'Merica...Columbus 4-1 Philadelphia. Great win for the Crew and their season begins to pick up now with a couple good wins in as me nay weeks.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Arsenal's David Ospina is one of the best GK's, just saw the highlights of the game. much better than Szczesny. ospina's stats are superb.

Last edited:

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Another Mou big-game tactic. Arsenal overpassed it and wanted too much time on the ball. Also some terrible shooting.

United...well...no afroman = no bite.

I hope City and Arsenal challenge next season. LvG and Mou irritate me to no end.

Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
A big tabloit paper claims that BVB fired Klopp, because he engaged with a players wife, while being married at the same time. (it is not true btw.)

A sports news commentator smartly asked: why does this paper always come up with these stories one day before a BVB vs Bayern match? Same as they reported about Gündogan leaving BVB one day before.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
^
Klopp should slap them with a libel suite.

Meanwhile, looks like Hull are safe whilst Liverpool have given up.

Dortmund have knocked Bayern out of the DFB

Last edited:

Cox Orange

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2010
While I am usually in the boat of Dortmund, I'd say the win was not quite "deserved" so to say. On the other hand, maybe there was some sort of "Karma" thing going on :D After the thousand times Bayern had pure luck, it all went away from them in one single match.

I was also astonished how slow the match was in the beginning. Also I did not understand why Aubameyang, when with another alone and with a lot of room did pass and not glue the ball to his foot and run a few meters more and try himself. Same for some other players. I guess it was some sort of angst and they didn't want to play to risky at the beginning.
But maybe it is just me as a lay that doesn't understand that it was actually always the right moves.
Or did I maybe overlook that Aubameyang is fast, but not fast with the ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.