Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
I'm an Apple Tech, these are the prices they've told us but they're also available via the Apple Support webpage.

Edit - Sorry, thought you were referring to prices. Yes, our guides show that it's a whole-unit exchange. Same as on iPods and iPads. By the time you've taken them apart you've either damaged them or they won't likely go back together as seamlessly as before.

Thanks for your reply. I hope Apple reconsiders this over time. I expect there will be a lot of scratched sport crystals needing replacement and without an affordable solution sales will be impacted, imo.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
Debris under display glass or pixel anomaly - upon user claim only: Does that mean upon purchase/receipt only?

I believe that means as long as the user does not point out debris or a pizel anomaly themselves, Apple staff is not to offer replacements even if they notice it (for example if the user comes in with some other issue or questions).

The point being, what doesn't bother the user (in this instance) does not require a replacement out of Apple's pocket.

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
Although he shouldn't have laughed.... Why would Apple be obligated to fix something you (your daughter, hence your responsibility) destroyed?

I wasn't claiming they were obligated; more pointing out that one's milage may vary. Plenty of people, even on this forum, have had Apple reps authorize repairs that clearly fell outside the standard defect and workmanship warranty. It didn't happen for me in that case. I'm sure if I had been able to take it to 10 different reps (and they didn't all start by running the serial number to note the damage) at least one of them would have authorized it.

I still typically get AppleCare on most items, simply because I've always found it worthwhile.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Agreed that is scary. Almost makes me want to go out and buy a bumper for my watch. :eek::eek::eek:

Hey you :D ..... if you already have the AppleWatch, isn't it time to update that signature line of yours, since the AppleWatch doesn't come with stickers?? ;);)

"I have a collection of Apple stickers from all my Apple product purchases - they are white (the stickers not the products)"

Just kidding.....

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
I believe that means as long as the user does not point out debris or a pizel anomaly themselves, Apple staff is not to offer replacements even if they notice it (for example if the user comes in with some other issue or questions).

The point being, what doesn't bother the user (in this instance) does not require a replacement out of Apple's pocket.

Thanks. That makes sense.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Hey you :D ..... if you already have the AppleWatch, isn't it time to update that signature line of yours, since the AppleWatch doesn't come with stickers?? ;);)

"I have a collection of Apple stickers from all my Apple product purchases - they are white (the stickers not the products)"

Just kidding.....

technically it is still true. It just means my collection did not increase with the apple watch purchase, which is a bummer (not a bumper) given the expense. lol

macs4nw

macrumors 601
technically it is still true. It just means my collection did not increase with the apple watch purchase, which is a bummer (not a bumper) given the expense. lol

Shouldn't it be ".....from virtually all my Apple product purchases....." though? However to leave the silliness behind for a moment and get on topic, what are your first impressions, and how do you like your AppleWatch? Give us some feedback of your experience with it.

An acquaintance of mine who is a tech blogger received his, and is ecstatic with his Watch. Myself I have not jumped yet, but am very tempted.

I believe, or perhaps I should say hope, there won't be any major hardware revisions for at least two years, other than maybe battery-life improvement or a redesign of potential weak spots such as the digital crown or side button below it, as both of these items are going to get some serious 'workout'. Hopefully the only short term revisions will be software tweaks. I must say I also find those 'torture tests' very impressive.

It's imho a stunningly beautiful design mated to useful apps that are only to explode in number and variety as this device becomes more commonplace.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
Shouldn't it be ".....from virtually all my Apple product purchases....." though? However to leave the silliness behind for a moment and get on topic, what are your first impressions, and how do you like your AppleWatch? Give us some feedback of your experience with it.

An acquaintance of mine who is a tech blogger received his, and is ecstatic with his Watch. Myself I have not jumped yet, but am very tempted.

I believe, or perhaps I should say hope, there won't be any major hardware revisions for at least two years, other than maybe battery-life improvement or a redesign of potential weak spots such as the digital crown or side button below it, as both of these items are going to get some serious 'workout'. Hopefully the only short term revisions will be software tweaks. I must say I also find those 'torture tests' very impressive.

It's imho a stunningly beautiful design mated to useful apps that are only to explode in number and variety as this device becomes more commonplace.

After think through you points on my signature, I have edited it. Hope this is now acceptable to you.

As for the watch, I am still suffering as I wait for it. After taking pride in being the first to own any apple product in my group of friends, family, or even co-workers, I am stuck here empty handed. Everything I have heard and seem when playing with it seems to be going great. But I have no official oppinion until I actually wear the darn thing for a day or two.

The launch has been a huge disapointment for me (I consider it to be a total mess), but I am till high on the watch itself.

chillg8r

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2015
Durham,NC
expensive battery replacement for a watch...

I imagine, hope and expect that the aftermarket will be able to replace, possibly even upgrade, the crystal and replace the battery at a reasonable price. After looking at the tear down video's it does not look any more difficult than replacing the screen in an iPhone.

Of course my first preference would be that Apple changes the program so they do this.....

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Yes he did. Made for great marketing. I highly doubt that he's concerned about warranty issues though.;) You and me? That's a different story altogether.

Right, just like Jony Ive hates to see iPhones in cases, but if his iPhone shatters on the ground, no problem.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.