Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMikeyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Long story short there was something wrong with my App Store, "Cannot Connect to App Store" it said so out of frustration I reset all settings, which appearently got rid of Cydia and all of my jailbroken apps (iFile, etc.) so I have none of those.

I tried to kick myself into Safe Mode by powering off, and then powering on while holding the volume up button but I don't think thats working, although I'm not 100% sure since I have no way of knowing except the Cydia app is still not there.

I can however access Cydia by going to "Cydia://" but it is here where I don't know what to do next. I've tried to reinstall Cydia Substrate as well as Substrate Safe Mode, but nothing seemed to happen after doing that and respringing. Are there any other suggestions? Next I was going to see if I can force safe mode through SSH, but I don't believe I had SSH installed before.

Also I noticed I Can still use a tweak (really only had the one installed) which was SpringSwitch so thats odd. I can also access flux an winterboard in the settings and change themes, the only issue is that all the icons disappeared.

I'm really at a lost and don't really want to restore. The only thing I really NEED with my jailbreak on my iPad is iFile, but I'd obviously like to get it fully functioning again anyways.

I also assume there is not way to restore to my current firmware version (7.0.4) without updating.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Try downloading the deb file for cydia: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/cydia_1.1.9_iphoneos-arm.deb

Use iFile to install it and then respring/reboot

You said you can access cydia using cydia:// so you should still be able to install/reinstall packages for iFile and such

And yes, there's no way to restore to a jailbreakable firmware at this time

iMikeyy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 11, 2011
Try downloading the deb file for cydia: http://apt.saurik.com/cydia/debs/cydia_1.1.9_iphoneos-arm.deb

Use iFile to install it and then respring/reboot

You said you can access cydia using cydia:// so you should still be able to install/reinstall packages for iFile and such

And yes, there's no way to restore to a jailbreakable firmware at this time

I did see this suggestion somewhere and thought it would be the next best thing for me to do, however how do I get to iFile to install it? Is there anyway to on my laptop?

I can't get to iFile even though I know it is installed (I uninstalled and re-installed) because the icons are all missing/hidden:(

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010
You must never do what you did on a Jailbroken phone. I do not believe there is any way to recover without a restore.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I did see this suggestion somewhere and thought it would be the next best thing for me to do, however how do I get to iFile to install it? Is there anyway to on my laptop?

I can't get to iFile even though I know it is installed (I uninstalled and re-installed) because the icons are all missing/hidden:(

Did you try respringing after reinstalling iFile?

You can try the cydia auto install method to install debs without iFile: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/06/16/manually-install-deb/

You'll need afc2add or openssh installed from cydia to access your phone from your computer

Mattionardi

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2015

I have same problem here after reset all setting. I use activator to make shortcut. Now i can access ifile n other tweak. I hope this method can help you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.