Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
So disappointing to set up your WC team for the dgw just to see two of your new guys getting flagged the minute after deadline. :/ And both teams getting clean sheets as well, goes without saying.

Anyway, Jaffa, I'm still gettin' you! FantasyManager: good flukin'!

oscillatewildly

macrumors 68000
Jul 17, 2007
23 Railway Cuttings
Ha, yeah, I was aboard the Remy bandwagon a few weeks ago - DGW in mind - no mention of injury, never played a minute.:)

Big review at the Toads in the close season; my other team are currently 203 points ahead - Manchester United bias squishing the Toads? Operation 'Target iToys' next term.

Cheers,
OW

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Pleased to see that the iToys still have a possible shot at both our titles. :cool:

Unlikely but we'll see. Having a cold beer either way. :D

Fizzoid

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
UK
Thanks!

My luck though! I wait years for the opportunity to get a blue & white Jaffatar and when the chance arises, the great man is gone :(

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Congrats to Fizzy and our Fantasy Manager! :)

Just noticed I lost the Cup by 5pts... :(

----------

The shirts certainly added to the fun. :( I could have a bash but it wouldn't be worthy of space on a fridge.

Anyone heard from Jaffa Cake?

Cheers,
OW

Nope. Hope he's ok! Can't imagine Jaffa getting banned at MR.

Next season, dunno. This certainly wasn't nearly as fun as last times but maybe I'm on board again.

Top 25 in Germany this year, so maybe I should leave when on top. :D

wiimixer

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2011
I missed the cut off for joining this season - and just checking back in to see what plans are afoot for a MacRumors FPL in 2015/16.

How did the re-jigged format pan out? Hopefully the straight head-to-head league was as much fun as the head-to-head/top 8 play-off format. If not, will we see a return to the old format?

I'll keep checking in for latest developments - and hope to see you all at the start of next season!
Ces (Tall Saints)

wiimixer

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2011
I keep checking back - hoping the 2015/16 Macrumors Fantasy Premier League is open for entrants. Disappointed to find it's not, and note Jaffa's initiating post for last season went out July 16th - so I'm getting twitchy!

Fairly sure the official fantasy premier league site is now open for business, but gather Jaffa might not kick it off this time around. Is anyone in a position to check his stance - and any thoughts on the next move if he doesn't want to be the linchpin this year?

I missed the cut off to join in last time, but would vote for a return to the 2013/14 format of 'head-to-head' followed by a knockout between the top 8 teams over the final three weeks of the season. I'd favour this format as it has the potential to keeps more teams in the hunt, therefore interested, for longer.

Fingers crossed I'm not alone!
Ces

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.