Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
I have it and was wondering would the genius bar help installing Windows 7?

First post using my new macbook air though I do miss using the PBG4 sometimes.

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
I am not comfortable doing this so would the geniuses help or not?

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I googled for apple genius install windows and easily found this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4995602
Ask them. We don't know what your local Apple Store will do for you. It will certainly cost you their hourly charge for however many hours are involved. You may have to purchase Win8 from them but if not you must have a copy of your own.
When my mom installed new software (not Windows) on her MacBook a few years ago, I suggested she ask the local Apple Store. As it turns out, she also asked a local repair shop who'd done some prior work for her on getting her wifi network up. The local repair shop was willing to do the install for free, and they were closer, so she went there.

In general, I recommend asking the vendor you intend to visit. I don't think there's a universal policy among Apple Stores, and even if there is, you might be a good enough customer that they'll do it for lower cost (like my mom being a customer of the local shop).

Hookemfins

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
I have it and was wondering would the genius bar help installing Windows 7?

First post using my new macbook air though I do miss using the PBG4 sometimes.

Save yourself the trip. Call AppleCare and they will walk you through the process. Probably do a computer share with you. They will help you install boot camp.

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
Save yourself the trip. Call AppleCare and they will walk you through the process. Probably do a computer share with you. They will help you install boot camp.

sorry I am currently busy with a lot of things so I wasn't on for awhile.:eek:

Thank You I will call them son I hope.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.