Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
The same problem is now starting on my iPhone 5c. Macrumors is slowly becoming really annoying to use :mad:

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
I don't think that this is a macrumors issue. I have seen the same thing happening on my old iPad mini on other sites, ever since I upgraded to ios 8. I don't remember this happening on my iPhone 5s, but I don't use it often to browse the forum, so I cannot be sure.

I think it's a Safari and ios 8 issue when running on old hardware with less memory than the "current" devices.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I don't think that this is a macrumors issue. I have seen the same thing happening on my old iPad mini on other sites, ever since I upgraded to ios 8. I don't remember this happening on my iPhone 5s, but I don't use it often to browse the forum, so I cannot be sure.

I think it's a Safari and ios 8 issue when running on old hardware with less memory than the "current" devices.
My 5c has 1gb of Ram and 27gb free storage.
That is not inferior to the new iPads.
I've exclusively seen this issue on macrumors.

----------

I will as soon as I can.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I've been having the same thing happen on my first gen iPad mini. It's usually when I try to post something. I've attached a picture of the error message I get. It's on Safari, latest iOS (8.1.3 I want to say?)

Same issue here. Happened about 20 times yesterday and 5 times thus far today. Mainly happens when I open a thread or try to respond to one. I got the error trying to type this right now.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.50.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 11.50.21 AM.png
    236.1 KB · Views: 93

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Another member that has been seeing this. It's weird. Same thing as the screen shot Traverse posted. It's not consistent, but when it happens I can get into the forum through a link in an email and then get to the front page from there. I'm seeing this on a second gen iPad Mini and a 2012 Mac Mini. Using Safari on both.

davey-nb

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
NORTH America
Macrumors down?

Macrumors home page does not load on my iMac with OS X 10.10 or on up to date iPad mini...
I thought the site had been down for a week!
Forums load fine...

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I don't think that this is a macrumors issue.
Most definitely a Macrumors.com issue - Both my iOS units crash Safari upon loading either the front page or the forums (Just a second before it is fully loaded), and they never crash on anything else.

I've downloaded iCab mobile on the same units, and with that browser there is no problem accessing either page, so it is also a Safari specific issue for me.

theSeb

macrumors 604
Aug 10, 2010
none
Most definitely a Macrumors.com issue - Both my iOS units crash Safari upon loading either the front page or the forums (Just a second before it is fully loaded), and they never crash on anything else.

I've downloaded iCab mobile on the same units, and with that browser there is no problem accessing either page, so it is also a Safari specific issue for me.

Odd, because I see similar issues on other sites.

VanNess

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2005
California
iPad Air, iOS 7.1.2

Safari crashes when navigating off the main page. Might be malformed ads b/c you can navigate off before the ads load without crashing. Seems to be particular to the main page only. Started happening in the last few days and the issue is still present as of today, 3/13.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
iPhone 5s, iPad Air, both iOS 7.1.2

Safari crashes when trying to get into the forums from the main site link.

The only way to get into the forums without Safari crashing, for me, is to click at the end of a news story where it shows the number of comments.

This is definitely a MacRumors issue. Doesn't occur on any other site. If I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with the ads.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
This is still happening. Probably a mal-formed ad, but when loading the MR front page on my iPhone or iPad and then clicking the "forums" link, Safari crashes. EVERY time.

The only way for me to get into the forums is to Google "macrumors forums" and then clicking one of the sub forums from the Google search results.

Meister

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I see that this problem was not fixed with the migration to xenforum :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.