Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm sure the Marlins could tell you. :p

Nah, they get a few dozen people to show up.;)

I do feel bad for the people who work concessions at the ball park. They have missed out on working the last couple of days, and will lose money since the Rays series was moved to Tampa.

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
I can't stand watching Red Sox pitching and may not make the full season with my liver intact.

Bring up Eduardo Rodriguez and send the rest of these bums to Pawtucket. Thank you, that is all.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
That's not going to happen. Pretty sure they didn't mind his juicing during the 2009 postseason.
They are stuck with that crap contract. If they thought they could get out of not paying him he would not be on the team now. They should have never put those incentives in but that is their own fault. A-Rod did what he does best. Make money for A-Rod.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Madbum is so close to no hitter. Cain and Lincecum know the feeling and I hope this game is the one.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Madbum is so close to no hitter. Cain and Lincecum know the feeling and I hope this game is the one.

Bumgarner needed to be near perfect, with the Giants committing four errors behind him and leaving a boatload of RISP. Kind of a frustrating game, but great to see MadBum in form again.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Bumgarner needed to be near perfect, with the Giants committing four errors behind him and leaving a boatload of RISP. Kind of a frustrating game, but great to see MadBum in form again.

This is baseball and we can see someone like Madbum go through an entire career, do well, yet never get that no hitter or Cy Young.

There are far bigger odds putting any player receiving a World Series ring but that Cy Young or no hitter are ridiculously hard to achieve. I remember seeing Cain on track for a Cy Young but you can't falter in the beginning, in the middle of the season, or down the stretch. You could even have a stellar pitching season but someone could do even better.

The most elite pitchers can be considered elite, even for years, but never put together a Cy Young season or no hitter. When I think of great pitchers who don't have a no hitter, Madbum or Yu Darvish come to mind. We may not have Peavy or Lincecum in their prime but both have won that Cy Young. And Lincecum and Cain have the no hitters. When we are in the middle of the season and there's not a lot of attention to individual games as much as early or late season, we do have experience on the mound and can't rely just on Madbum's arm in his peak.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
No baseball in Colorado the last two days as the games have been rained out.

Given that the Rockies have lost 11 of their last 15, maybe the rain outs haven't been such a bad thing.:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.