Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use Tags in Finder

• No

Votes: 57 62.0%
  • Yes

Votes: 35 38.0%

• Total voters

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Yes. I have it setup like the System 7+ days even with the "In Progress", "Personal", "Cool", etc. It's been working very well for my current projects this semester, especially since I can tag files with multiple ones and organize everything with smart folders that way.

comics addict

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2013
I do also although I which it would be a lot more robust and flexible.Those darn colors that run out all too quickly...

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No, I find little need to categorize my files in any manner like that. Putting them in different folders seems to be sufficient to meet my needs. Its a cool idea but one that really doesn't impress me much

anupviews

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2013
Yup, it's the only easy way to quickly find my messed up files since god knows where my original file is located at.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Sort of... mainly I just use it as a visual marker for stuff I haven't watched or something I haven't finished.

LCD

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2012
USA
No because like what Apple did unforgivably with my iBooks tags/comments after upgrading to Mavericks, one day they'll be gone.

notrack

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2012
I would like to use them like tags but I haven't found a workable method. Searching for tags is implemented poorly.

So I use them like labels to just have sections 1-5 within folders.

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
no, I have better stuff in the sidebar.. Not to keep it too cluttered.

Perhaps Apple should have thought long a hard about impleting these in search better, the maybe it would have takin off.

Artorius07

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2014
SOS! Tag search not working in Finder...

I cannot figure out why tag search is not working. I open a finder window, click on the tag I want from the left hand sidebar, and my tags do not show. It's driving me insane / posing a major problem for my team (this is how we were planning on organizing our work to make it easily searchable by category).

Any idea on why this is not working?

Bullnox

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2015
I recently started using tags to organize everything a bit more. School tags, work tags, pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.