Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
How do you like the change ? I just did the same thing,and I am hoping I will like it, and get used to it .

I love it. The 6 was starting to feel too small after a while so I was ready for a bigger screen. Obviously I said goodbye to the majority of my one-handed use but with a case that provides some grip it's not that bad. I've tried using an iPad before but I end up just going back to my iPhone for most things so the bigger screen/better battery life is really nice for me.

Maximeed69

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2015
There is a lot of space gray ones around in this thread i couldn't find any gold one , i just bought my iPhone 6 Gold 16gb version unlocked

Mefisto

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2015
Finland
Got the iPhone 6 yesterday, and quite frankly couldn't be happier with it. I switched from the 5, which was running quite well, but still the 6 seems like a very nice upgrade. Since the 5 will be passed along inside the family, it's nice that it still has juice left in the tank, so to speak. In the end it was the larger screen and upgraded storage that persuaded me to switch.

One of the nicest surprises, though, is the battery life, which after the first time fully loading the device has been superb. 9+ hours of usage and still 10% left to go.

In the words of the Kazakh poet Borat: "Nice."

Disclaimer: I realize that Borat, as a character, is not representive of the general Kazakh population, and actually know a few people from Kazakhstan myself. No disrespect intended.

paranoia

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
New England
I love it. The 6 was starting to feel too small after a while so I was ready for a bigger screen. Obviously I said goodbye to the majority of my one-handed use but with a case that provides some grip it's not that bad. I've tried using an iPad before but I end up just going back to my iPhone for most things so the bigger screen/better battery life is really nice for me.

I understand what you mean, when the 6/+ came out I wanted nothing to do with the 6+, I thought the 6 was big,but I loved it.

I kept hearing good things about the 6+ and I found I still had to use my reading glasses on some websites, so I got a 6+ and gave my daughter my 6, and I must say now that I have had it for awhile I love it and I think the 6 seems kind of small.
I love my 6+ now and I got the 128gb again like my 6 so I still have plenty of room.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
Hi everyone. I just registered here today! Yay! Anyway, I'm most definitely getting an iPhone 6 tomorrow! I'm super excited. I was primarily an android user with a Macbook Pro.(I know it's ironic. ;) ) The ecosystem's don't even work well together at all, and I learned the hard way. But, due to getting water on my S4, its gone, broken, and can't be saved. :( I thought my backups would end up on google, but nope it didn't work. I lost everything. :( My Macbook Pro couldn't even detect any android phone, even with software. So, in return I'm glad to be heading back into the :apple: Ecosystem. It just makes sense. :D

Also, this is totally random, but who supplies the displays to Apple for their iPhone 6 and Macbook Pro's? I remember reading LG used to, or has Apple changed their suppliers? Thanks again! Cheers!

It would either be LG or Samsung for the displays for the rMBP

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Ordered the  iPhone 6+ 64gb in Space Grey last night and sold my iPad Air 64gb & iPhone 5s 32gb to fund it. Also pre ordered an  Watch Sport this morning, my wallet has taken a battering! :eek:

Hoping the iPhone 6+ will be a worthy replacement as I've read mixed reviews on here.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
Ordered the  iPhone 6+ 64gb in Space Grey last night and sold my iPad Air 64gb & iPhone 5s 32gb to fund it. Also pre ordered an  Watch Sport this morning, my wallet has taken a battering! :eek:

Hoping the iPhone 6+ will be a worthy replacement as I've read mixed reviews on here.

Not sure if you should've sold that iPad Air. Last October I upgraded from iPhone 5S and iPad 3 to iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

Despite loving the larger screen on the iPhone 6 Plus I still find the need of my iPad Air 2. I use both daily and not using one less than the other. Both are necessities for my daily routine.

IamDave

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2015
United Kingdom
Not sure if you should've sold that iPad Air. Last October I upgraded from iPhone 5S and iPad 3 to iPhone 6 Plus and iPad Air 2.

Despite loving the larger screen on the iPhone 6 Plus I still find the need of my iPad Air 2. I use both daily and not using one less than the other. Both are necessities for my daily routine.
Hmm I'll still have my iPad for another week or so before it has to be sent off (sold it to a mobile recycling type place) so perhaps I'll see how much I keep going for it. To be fair the main reason for selling it is I only use it for browsing, youtube and select few games. Also have a MacBook Air and an iMac and felt it was all getting a little overkill for my needs really. Time will tell I guess

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

Hmm I'll still have my iPad for another week or so before it has to be sent off (sold it to a mobile recycling type place) so perhaps I'll see how much I keep going for it. To be fair the main reason for selling it is I only use it for browsing, youtube and select few games. Also have a MacBook Air and an iMac and felt it was all getting a little overkill for my needs really. Time will tell I guess

I can understand that. I also have a MacBook Pro Retina. I still use my iPad more than my MacBook Pro. Really appreciate the light mobility.

teemu01

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2014
I recently received my iPhone 6 Plus and fell in love with it immediately. I was having concerns before about it's size (hard to carry or hold?) but I'm not having any problems at all. I upgraded from iPhone 5 so the screen real estate is a real enhancement! It feels the "right size" for a phone to me, I'd probably like a phone up to 6" as long as it is thin enough and has small bezels.

Performance wise, I did see an improvement while trying out the graphically impressive games, but in normal use it felt just a bit faster. It's the first time I'm using Touch ID and it works like a charm. I have to get used to not tapping away my passcode.

I can really relate to the iPhone 5 users who went for the 6 Plus, the 5 seems like miniature phone now. It's funny how it fits in the palm of my hand and feels so petite.

refreshingsolut

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2015
I bought a regular 6 but am now regretting it. My only question though is the size of the 6+. How have others liked it over the 6? Anyone have both or had both at some point? Is the 6+ too big for day to day activities? Should I keep both phones?

noshooz

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
Central Maryland
I upgraded from the Note 2 to the 6+ earlier this week. Best thing I've done phone-wise. :) I can't put the thing down! I also ordered an Otterbox Commuter case to protect my investment. My iPad mini 2 is getting jealous, since I haven't used it as much. I've gotten so used to TouchID that when I do pick up my iPad, I first wonder why it won't unlock when I press the home button.

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
Well last week I ordered a 64 gb 6 for my wife and 64 gb 6+ for myself from a local Verizon store - was told they would be in in two days.

My wife has hers

My phone was Stolen by an associate at the store who quit. So waiting for a new one to come in.

Due to this they are giving me a free case for the phone - any advice as to what I should pick out

tomwvr

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
Frederick Maryland
I swear by Otterbox. I have the Commuter case on mine and did on my last phone as well.

I picked up the otter box commuter and also got the CAT-G Crystal Armor Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

This phone is so much larger then my 5 and so much lighter.

So far very happy with it.

AOMG

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
You guys think its worth the upgrade going from 5s to 6 or better wait for the 6s? I was looking at the Nodus Access but didn't find the price justifying seeing as i'll upgrade within a few months. Just hope they keep selling the case when the 6s is out.

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
I upgraded mine and my wife's iphone 5es yesterday. we're still on an old AT&T contract (i have unlimited data). At first I went to costco since they were supposed to have the phones for about 25 bucks cheaper but after standing around there for over a half an hour only to find out they didnt have the 64 gig i wanted in stock, i left and went to the Apple store. 10 minutes later, 2 activated iphones! no waiting around at all

AOMG

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2015
I upgraded mine and my wife's iphone 5es yesterday. we're still on an old AT&T contract (i have unlimited data). At first I went to costco since they were supposed to have the phones for about 25 bucks cheaper but after standing around there for over a half an hour only to find out they didnt have the 64 gig i wanted in stock, i left and went to the Apple store. 10 minutes later, 2 activated iphones! no waiting around at all

Did you trade in your 5s to pay it off?

DaveNinja

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2005
my previous phones (one for me, one for my wife) were two iPhone 5. I cant figure out how to make "iPhone 5" plural without it looking like "iPhone 5s", haha.
we're keeping the old phones for back up/hand-me-down phones for the kids

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I bought the 6 plus on release day and after a week I exchanged it for a 6 because I just found the 6 plus too cumbersome. I loved the 6 but now I am used to the size of it after my 5s I find myself longing to try the 6 plus again and so I have ordered one
Ideally a 5" or 5.2" would be perfect

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.