Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bblovestech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 6, 2014
STL
Hi I have an Apple TV 3rd gen and Netflix is randomly crashing. I'm on the latest software for the Apple TV.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
Hi I have an Apple TV 3rd gen and Netflix is randomly crashing. I'm on the latest software for the Apple TV.

Mine's crashing too, during playback it will crash back to the shows title page. It started since updating to the latest version of iOS. Tried doing a reinstall but that didn't help.

Cancelled
Feb 27, 2014
Same problem here in Arizona with Netflix since updating to the newest software on ATV3. I am going along fine then suddenly the screen blanks and I am back to menu.

Donald Barar

brianlbaker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
I too am struggling with Netflix. I can access any other channel on my ATV3 without trouble, but Netflix just sits and spins, with the "Accessing Netflix" on the screen.

I used to reboot it at that point with mostly, but not always, success.

Now, I let it time out, and it says something to the effect of, "Netflix cannot be accessed at this time, please try again later." From there, I click the back button, which takes me to the main ATV screen. I click on Netflix, and everything is good.

Odd bug.

I'm not sure whose fault it is.

l3it3r

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2011
Hagerstown, MD
It crashed on me about 4 or 5 times this weekend. Was still a better experience than the Amazon Fire TV stick though. That thing is horrible for netflix. (prime video is bad ass, however)

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
Happened on my Apple TV 2 over the weekend.

I would be in the middle of watching Netflix and the show I was watching would stop and go back to the menu of the show I was watching. Or it would stop and the Apple TV would reboot.

I did not try any other apps as I was just using Netflix over the weekend. Hopefully it get fixed.

brianlbaker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Happened on my Apple TV 2 over the weekend.

I would be in the middle of watching Netflix and the show I was watching would stop and go back to the menu of the show I was watching. Or it would stop and the Apple TV would reboot.

I did not try any other apps as I was just using Netflix over the weekend. Hopefully it get fixed.

It started happening on HBO NOW and Hulu this weekend as well.

We need a fix, fast.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.