Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 31, 2010
I purchased a used iPod Nano (7th Gen) from Cowboom for a decent price and after using it for a while, I realized that either I'm doing something wrong.

I listened to music all day yesterday via Bluetooth and my battery did not run out. Last night, I came home and charged it to full. This morning I removed it from the charger and just let it sit (I forgot to take it with me). I come back a few minutes ago (so that would be roughly a 12 hour period) and I check my iPod and the battery indicator is red (very close to running out of power). BT was still turned on, but it wasn't connected to anything. Music wasn't playing and I can't figure out what exactly was the issue. I thought it might be the fact that the iPod was used so battery capacity dropped or something. But I'm not entirely sure.

Any clue what's up with this?

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
The biggest battery drain on the nano is the screen. You can play music all day and night (even with BT), without hitting the battery too hard, if you keep the screen off.

Perhaps, the screen was locked on for some reason. Did you notice that the screen was on when you came back to the red battery icon? Perhaps an "app" was hanging up. Try a reboot and see if it happens again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.