Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Hi,

Right now my sales order form, to separate the labels i use Narrow UIViews.

whats the best way to go about this?

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
To go about what? You need a much fuller description.

Making lines and boxes in forms, like sales order forms.

im gonna have rows and columns with sizes on top and then the quantity on the bottom.

The developer that worked on it took a shortcut since there is no lines and boxes in Xcode and juts took a whole bunch of UIViews and made then narrow to look like lines.

The thing is, he didnt make anything even, so the numbers aren't centered and the sizes doesn't align with the quantity below.

If i do spend a whole crap load of time realigning all the labels and the narrow UIViews (which is extremely tedious because its a bit hard to have it even.) Can i get away with it?

Or is it better to implement Core Graphics and do it the right way.

Better yet, whats the best way to make sales order forms in iOS? Core graphics the only way?

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I've done something like that in html and core graphics. The CG code generated pdfs. This was for a report that was emailed.

Having said that I have also used narrow views in a few cases. There were only a few though and they have to be positioned in code. Doing it by hand will make you crazy. This was for something that was more like a dialog box with some text and a few lines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.