Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Just released Hooks an app that will send you a notification when Lakers wins Hornets, new iPhone is announced, new post on MacRumors gets X comment and 1M+ things to choose from, watch it in action:vimeo.com/120492700

Attachments

• screen2.png
    screen2.png
    85.2 KB · Views: 162
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 93
  • screen6.png
    screen6.png
    104.1 KB · Views: 96

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Hooks is featured on the App Store today!

attachment.php

Attachments

• bestappHooks.png
    bestappHooks.png
    182.6 KB · Views: 184

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
For some reason hooks does not show in my notification center. The only notification I see is the badge number on the app itself.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Hi, they do appear on your NC until you open the app the read them on the timeline, same as twitter app

For some reason hooks does not show in my notification center. The only notification I see is the badge number on the app itself.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Ok. So if i open the app first they wont' be in the notification center?

And how about having the notifications show on my apple watch?

That's not happening either? Do I have to install the app on the watch to get notifications?

Thanks.

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Yes, right, once you open the app, notifications get removed from notification center because they considered read.

Sure, when you receive a notification it's shown on your Apple Watch.

Hooks also has a Glance where you can sea how many unread notifications you have in each category and you can also use Hooks Watch App to browse latest notifications.

Also all notifications are shown in the native notification interface of the watch.

Ok. So if i open the app first they wont' be in the notification center?

And how about having the notifications show on my apple watch?

That's not happening either? Do I have to install the app on the watch to get notifications?

Thanks.

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Great thanks.
one more (hopefully last question). Do i have to enable notifications to "show on lock screen" on my iphone for the notifications to show on my apple watch?

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Sure :) You actually can choose what notifications to show on your Apple Watch from the watch app on the iPhone, I don't think you need to have this enabled.

attachment.php

Great thanks.
one more (hopefully last question). Do i have to enable notifications to "show on lock screen" on my iphone for the notifications to show on my apple watch?

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-05-06 a las 21.38.16.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-05-06 a las 21.38.16.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 138

nippyjun

macrumors 68000
Jul 26, 2007
Thanks

I just found by changing settings that you do have to allow hooks to show notifications on the iphone lock screen to be able to have notifications show on the apple watch. If you don't allow it to show notifications on the lock screen there is not an option in the apple watch app on the phone to allow hooks to show notifications.

Somehow apple has tied lock screen notifications in with apple watch notifications.

kozkozkoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 13, 2014
Cool, thanks, it's good to know :)

Thanks

I just found by changing settings that you do have to allow hooks to show notifications on the iphone lock screen to be able to have notifications show on the apple watch. If you don't allow it to show notifications on the lock screen there is not an option in the apple watch app on the phone to allow hooks to show notifications.

Somehow apple has tied lock screen notifications in with apple watch notifications.

iOSAppLists

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2015
Hooks is a staple for me now... so many awesome notifications in one spot that it's difficult to find something that isn't included. :)

Haribokart

Suspended
Sep 4, 2010
UK
This is a great app, but I don't know what the IAP it keeps pushing me to subscribe to is actually for. If it were a one off payment I would have bought it but as a subscription I don't want to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.