Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Is there an app that allows certain numbers to go into an app from Cydia and not the default app? I want something to filter the message and direct it to another location then the default app. Yes, it sounds sneaky as hell lol My friend told me theres plenty of apps that do this, but he doesnt have a name.

ivandr

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Is there an app that allows certain numbers to go into an app from Cydia and not the default app? I want something to filter the message and direct it to another location then the default app. Yes, it sounds sneaky as hell lol My friend told me theres plenty of apps that do this, but he doesnt have a name.

I haven't heard of any app that is able to separate out certain text messages like this. Other alternative texting apps (BiteSMS is one I'm familiar with) don't use a separate SMS db on the phone so all your messages appear in the stock app and also they all appear inside BiteSMS. (Yes I know BiteSMS isn't functional on iOS 8, I'm talking about my previous experience using it on iOS 7 and earlier)

And yes. That sounds incredibly sketchy.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
I haven't heard of any app that is able to separate out certain text messages like this. Other alternative texting apps (BiteSMS is one I'm familiar with) don't use a separate SMS db on the phone so all your messages appear in the stock app and also they all appear inside BiteSMS. (Yes I know BiteSMS isn't functional on iOS 8, I'm talking about my previous experience using it on iOS 7 and earlier)

And yes. That sounds incredibly sketchy.

LOL Yes, sketchy but whatever. My buddy told me, so something must exists because you can block communications there's definitely a way.

LoLife

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2010
Reno, NV
iBlacklist is what I have used. It's nice because it's a separate app from messages and you can set up to secret notifications. Also to not have the app anywhere on the screen but to have to type in a sequence of numbers in the dial app to open iBlacklist. Check it out, I know it's a little expensive but worth the price in my mind.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
try it man
So basically that's to say it doesn't do anything for messages. It doesn't even make any mention of it in the App Store either (on top of that not being doable in stock iOS).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.