Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Anyone use the USAA app? There's a recent update that apparently enables Touch ID (per the reviews), but my update doesn't seem to have Touch ID. I removed the app and redownloaded it and still no Touch ID. Am I missing a setting in iOS?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I believe the reviews are wrong. I don't see this feature having been added either.

EDIT:
Plus, I don't see where USAA has advertised that they added this feature. So, I'm not sure why users think they have.

Last edited:

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
I believe the reviews are wrong. I don't see this feature having been added either.

EDIT:
Plus, I don't see where USAA has advertised that they added this feature. So, I'm not sure why users think they have.

Thanks for the reply. It's very confusing, because even on their own community website, https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Other/Touch-ID/m-p/63363, there are some who are able to use it, and some who aren't.

Not sure what's going on. :(

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Thanks for the reply. It's very confusing, because even on their own community website, https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Other/Touch-ID/m-p/63363, there are some who are able to use it, and some who aren't.

Not sure what's going on. :(

I have no option for Touch ID either. There is Face, PIN and Voice quick log-ins, but those have been there for a few updates.

I image Touch ID is coming soon though.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
For one, I never believe app store reviews. Second, their newest update, which I got, says nothing about touch ID being enabled.
1dc16b0078f2d5083c8acaa17a71a52f.jpg

RCRod83

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Just an update.. USAA is stating that the Touch ID feature is being rolled out throughout the year - starting with Texas. So anyone who has a Texas address on file, then TouchID is enabled. I didn't know they could limit the access of TouchID.

Belmont31R

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2012
Just an update.. USAA is stating that the Touch ID feature is being rolled out throughout the year - starting with Texas. So anyone who has a Texas address on file, then TouchID is enabled. I didn't know they could limit the access of TouchID.

I live in TX and have been using Touch ID since the last update. Works pretty awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.