Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
To people using iOS 8:

If you have Bluetooth headphones/earbuds with a dedicated button for Skip Forward and Skip Back, does skipping work reliably?

Or does it sometimes skip in the opposite direction?

My Jabra Revo Wireless will sometimes skip in the reverse direction—or keep alternating back and forth when I'm trying to just Skip Forward repeatedly. Or not skip at all.

If other headphones act the same, I'll chalk it up to an Apple bug. If not... warranty time! :)

Thanks in advance.

Cptnodegard

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2013
I have a few sets of Bluetooth headphones I use, but never encountered that issue. Granted, I control playback using my Pebble a lot more than I do the controls on the headphones, but I'm fairly certain that the Pebble uses standard AVRCP on iOS, at least for track skipping (volume seems to go via another protocol as it bugs out if the watch gets partially disconnected, while track skipping, play/pause and media info still works). In which case it would be relevant that I have never seen the issue on the Pebble

nagromme

macrumors G5
Original poster
May 2, 2002
Thanks, all! Not an iOS bug then.

The Jabras have a weird touchpad, and I think there could be a firmware bug. (Bad sign: no firmware updates since 2013.) I will seek a warranty swap in the hopes that it's dud hardware.

(Otherwise, these a great: light weight, great sound, and can be used wired--including mic and play/pause--even with battery dead. You can even listen to a Mac over USB while they charge. Although the battery lasts me for days anyway.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.