Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Which Android phone has the best battery life? I remember my iPhone 4 having the best battery, but sadly the iphone 5 does not live up to that and from what im reading online neither does the 6. Which phone would you guys say gets the best battery life? I was interested on the Moto x but it only has a 2300 and some people say is not that good( and no wifi calling). From I see from a lot of people the Nexus 6 is great. I have t-mobile if that makes any difference and i would like it to have wifi calling but its not a must. I would like a phone that i can have on at least 8 hours straight before going off. My main uses are Phone, Texting (imessage/whatsapp) facebook, and browsing. I used to play a lot of games on my iphones before but now sadly i dont any more because of the battery i would like to be able to play again without worrying so much. Thanks in advance:cool:
*currently I have an iphone5*
First let me say, the Nexus 6 is great and I'm about to switch from my 6 Plus to the Nexus 6. That said, battery life isn't the best. It gives me about 4 hours of screen on time in a day, which accommodates my heavy use but definitely isn't the best.

The OPO seems like the best bet for you. Not only is the battery life incredible, the 64GB model costs $350 flat out. It came out about a year ago but it will still have no problem with any games or apps you throw at it.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
First let me say, the Nexus 6 is great and I'm about to switch from my 6 Plus to the Nexus 6. That said, battery life isn't the best. It gives me about 4 hours of screen on time in a day, which accommodates my heavy use but definitely isn't the best.

The OPO seems like the best bet for you. Not only is the battery life incredible, the 64GB model costs $350 flat out. It came out about a year ago but it will still have no problem with any games or apps you throw at it.

Yep.

I have both, the Nexus 6 and OnePlus One. On my rooted and ROM'd Nexus 6 I can get about 5.5h Screen On Time. Where as my OPO can easily get 7h Screen On time.

Fireblade

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Italy
For me its beef been definitely the LG G2, which I still use....
7ed220bacc12dd1a2ed15799485026a5.jpg
58f753f9c75b62955af941bebc78bc5a.jpg

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Best overall battery life for a phone goes to the iPhone 6 Plus honestly.

On the Android front the OPO and Nexus 6 are pretty great too. I currently have the Nexus 6 and am getting 5+ hours screen on time regularly.

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
This is telling that the Nexus 6 has better battery life than the OPO which is funny.

Focus on the web browsing and video playback columns (click to sort) since they're more applicable to real world use and ignore the others. The OnePlus One is ahead of Nexus 6.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Best battery life in a Smartphone for me is the BlackBerry Q10, hands down. Could do four days to a week. Made the one day on my iPhone look a complete joke.

Reactions: AleXXXa

youradhere4222

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
The top comment nails it. This article tests how good the phone is at one thing: video playback. Its results don't represent a typical use case. Moreover, the article doesn't give a lot of specifics about the testing environment. It says they're making brightness uniform, but are they making sure the nit output is the same, or just maximizing or minimizing brightness on each?

Anandtech has a really good breakdown of the battery life on a lot of different flagships and has different tests for web browsing, gaming, etc.

73787.png

73791.png

burgman

macrumors 68030
Sep 24, 2013
Which Android phone has the best battery life? I remember my iPhone 4 having the best battery, but sadly the iphone 5 does not live up to that and from what im reading online neither does the 6. Which phone would you guys say gets the best battery life? I was interested on the Moto x but it only has a 2300 and some people say is not that good( and no wifi calling). From I see from a lot of people the Nexus 6 is great. I have t-mobile if that makes any difference and i would like it to have wifi calling but its not a must. I would like a phone that i can have on at least 8 hours straight before going off. My main uses are Phone, Texting (imessage/whatsapp) facebook, and browsing. I used to play a lot of games on my iphones before but now sadly i dont any more because of the battery i would like to be able to play again without worrying so much. Thanks in advance:cool:
*currently I have an iphone5*
You are really asking two questions. Which NON replaceable battery phone has the best run time. The best Replaceable battery phone answer is any, just carry another battery and double the run time. Variables like signal strength which apps are open etc. determine battery life, and will be very different than artificial battery tests on websites.

zedzded

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
Perth, Australia
I've never had an Iphone 6, but all my other Iphones 3 - 5S the batteries have been pretty crap. I've now got a Z3C and it's battery life is pretty phenomenal. It also charges really quickly too.

Reactions: AleXXXa

bubulol

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2013
quickly?
I must laugh lol
I think its the best battery life among all smartphone on market due to Stamina mode and its amazing battery life overall but it doesnt charge quickly, in fact too much slower for my taste
Its phenomenal beast, i have better battery life than 6+ which is phablet format

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
Best overall battery life for a phone goes to the iPhone 6 Plus honestly.

On the Android front the OPO and Nexus 6 are pretty great too. I currently have the Nexus 6 and am getting 5+ hours screen on time regularly.

My Motorola G gets better than my Nexus

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
I've never had an Iphone 6, but all my other Iphones 3 - 5S the batteries have been pretty crap. I've now got a Z3C and it's battery life is pretty phenomenal. It also charges really quickly too.
Sorry for the late post! :) I love the size of the z3compact, I live in san diego but those are rare may need to buy online, from what ive seen this phone is the best in batter size even better than the regular z3, on screen on time how many hours are you getting? would it last a day from 8 am to 11 pm of gaming,music,facebook,text?

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Sorry for the late post! :) I love the size of the z3compact, I live in san diego but those are rare may need to buy online, from what ive seen this phone is the best in batter size even better than the regular z3, on screen on time how many hours are you getting? would it last a day from 8 am to 11 pm of gaming,music,facebook,text?

Depends what games and how long your playing said games. Games like 'threes' are not as demanding as likes of modern combat ...

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
This is just my unscientific experience on full brightness .....

On the Note 4 and S6 Edge, Gaming and streaming vids drains less battery than the iPhone 6 plus.

On the iPhone 6 plus, web browsing and talk time seem to drain less battery vs the Note 4 and S6. IMO, web browsing on every Android device I had eats up much more batt life than any iOS device.

Both seem equal at battery drain when streaming music.

iPhone 6 plus is better at stand-by life. But the Note 4 and S6 do have Ultra Power saving mode. And is only slightly better than the Note 4.

Tethering is like iPhone's(any model) emeny. Bat life drains super quick Tethering from the Note 4 and S6 drains bat life much less.

Large downloads also seem like iPhone's battery weakness.

Doing absolutely nothing and having the screen stay on .... Note 4 and S6 wins. Batt life is drained quicker on the iPhone 6 plus.

All this might not make any sense when you match the specs. But this is just my daily experience when I made use of all three phones for about 4 weeks. I'm soley using the S6 edge now.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
This is just my unscientific experience on full brightness .....

On the Note 4 and S6 Edge, Gaming and streaming vids drains less battery than the iPhone 6 plus.

On the iPhone 6 plus, web browsing and talk time seem to drain less battery vs the Note 4 and S6. IMO, web browsing on every Android device I had eats up much more batt life than any iOS device.

Both seem equal at battery drain when streaming music.

iPhone 6 plus is better at stand-by life. But the Note 4 and S6 do have Ultra Power saving mode. And is only slightly better than the Note 4.

Tethering is like iPhone's(any model) emeny. Bat life drains super quick Tethering from the Note 4 and S6 drains bat life much less.

Large downloads also seem like iPhone's battery weakness.

Doing absolutely nothing and having the screen stay on .... Note 4 and S6 wins. Batt life is drained quicker on the iPhone 6 plus.

All this might not make any sense when you match the specs. But this is just my daily experience when I made use of all three phones for about 4 weeks. I'm soley using the S6 edge now.
so the 6 plus battery life isn't as great in standy mode?

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
Galaxy S6 Active according to gsmarena battery test.

For $25 the Verizon prepaid Moto G does really well with 8 hour screen-on time or 7 day 2 hour with 44% battery left so I'm guestimating about 13 days total.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.