Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
First off sorry for the miserable photos. All I have is an iP4 to take them with at the moment.

Been eyeing this case on eBay forever. Finally pulled the trigger and figured for $14, I wouldn't be super agitated if it was crap. I love leather goods in general. When I case-up for my 6 it's always the Apple leather or Sena pouch. The worn vintage look really caught my attention here. Have to say that for the price, I'm very pleased with this case. I'm quite certain it's a knock off of the famous French brand Pierre Cardin. But hot damn if it doesn't look classy on the phone. It appears to be real leather with a nice smell. The Apple and Sena are superior in terms of quality and craftsmanship for a comparison.

There is no lay on the table design. The buttons are exposed which I really like. Nothing like clicking "naked" buttons. Not terribly protective, more for looks and show. Here are a few pics. Thanks............

Attachments

• Pierre Cardin 2.jpg
    Pierre Cardin 2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Pierre Cardin 4.jpg
    Pierre Cardin 4.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 768
  • Pierre Cardin 5.jpg
    Pierre Cardin 5.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,727
Last edited:

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
That looks nice, any links?

Also I remember thinking the camera on my 4s being very good when I had it a couple of years ago, how things change but it makes you think what they will be like in a few years time.

karlleuang

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2015
bentonville ,AR
good looking case , but highly doubt about the leather

i am totally sure that the leather is fake , and it is from China ,

14 bulks okay ,but just want you know it is not real leather

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
good looking case , but highly doubt about the leather

i am totally sure that the leather is fake , and it is from China ,

14 bulks okay ,but just want you know it is not real leather

Actually looks like bonded leather. Doesn't hold up real well.

Agreed.

Actually, at that price, I would harbour considerable doubts about the quality of the leather; in fact, I very much doubt that it is real leather, and I certainly doubt that it is designed to be, or intended to be, in any way, durable.

Personally, I'd spend a bit more on something that I knew was well made and properly crafted leather and that I could reasonably assume would not fall apart in a short space of time.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I'm honestly not terribly concerned about it either way. It's highly functional and looks fantastic! Just like my other cases, I will use it from time to time. For me it will hold up just fine. No doubt the leather is of higher quality on my 2 Apple cases and Sena that all cost over $40 each. I'll say this, it will for sure hold up much better than the $20+ Shumuri and Caudabe cases I've tried. Those with multiple free replacements from the 2 companies lasted about 2 weeks tops before either becoming loose or getting deformed by the volume cut-outs. Those cases have a very short shelf life in my experience. These are all very different cases so it's not really fair to compare them next to each other but also it is what it is. Some $40 dollar cases don't hold up well and some $14 fake cases do. We'll see.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I'm honestly not terribly concerned about it either way. It's highly functional and looks fantastic! Just like my other cases, I will use it from time to time. For me it will hold up just fine. No doubt the leather is of higher quality on my 2 Apple cases and Sena that all cost over $40 each. I'll say this, it will for sure hold up much better than the $20+ Shumuri and Caudabe cases I've tried. Those with multiple free replacements from the 2 companies lasted about 2 weeks tops before either becoming loose or getting deformed by the volume cut-outs. Those cases have a very short shelf life in my experience. These are all very different cases so it's not really fair to compare them next to each other but also it is what it is. Some $40 dollar cases don't hold up well and some $14 fake cases do. We'll see.

For my first iPad I had a pebbled bonded leather case that was actually an awesome case - my favorite. So as long as you like it, that's what matters. And my comment about bonded leather holding up was mainly for long term items like furniture. You'll be fine with your case.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
For my first iPad I had a pebbled bonded leather case that was actually an awesome case - my favorite. So as long as you like it, that's what matters. And my comment about bonded leather holding up was mainly for long term items like furniture. You'll be fine with your case.

Hahaha, no worries. I don't take any comments on forums personal as such. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's all good. I was just commenting on how I see it and what works for me. We all have different needs and criteria for what we like! Thanks tho :) How's the black leather treating you? Any luck with the crease?

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
That looks nice, any links?

Also I remember thinking the camera on my 4s being very good when I had it a couple of years ago, how things change but it makes you think what they will be like in a few years time.

You know, I've gotten some really nice photo's with the 4. These definitely aren't them! It doesn't do well with close-ups but outdoor pics can turn out very well.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Hahaha, no worries. I don't take any comments on forums personal as such. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's all good. I was just commenting on how I see it and what works for me. We all have different needs and criteria for what we like! Thanks tho :) How's the black leather treating you? Any luck with the crease?

I really like the black leather Apple case. The indentation in the case was driving me crazy so I bought another one.
I go back to using the silicone case in the flipbelt and am all set.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I really like the black leather Apple case. The indentation in the case was driving me crazy so I bought another one.
I go back to using the silicone case in the flipbelt and am all set.

Lol!!! I would have done the exact same thing ;). Did you ever get the blue or are you sticking with the brown?

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I actually liked the black on white the best. So I ended up returning both the brown and midnight blue. The brown one I got at Staples and it looked perfect in the store. Once I got it home and put it on the phone, I noticed that the left front side was noticeably higher than the right. They didn't have a replacement so I got my money back. The midnight blue case, I ordered online. Once I got it, I realized that the color was dark and if I was going dark, I liked he black better. So I exchanged the midnight blue for another black case. I'm totally done now. I got rid of most of my other cases and am totally thrilled to go back and forth between the white silicone and black leather.

I do have a 360 Shumuri frost (used only a couple of times) that I'm going to give away and a brand new Incipio also in frost. I am so settled with the Apple cases that I know I won't be using them.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I actually liked the black on white the best. So I ended up returning both the brown and midnight blue. The brown one I got at Staples and it looked perfect in the store. Once I got it home and put it on the phone, I noticed that the left front side was noticeably higher than the right. They didn't have a replacement so I got my money back. The midnight blue case, I ordered online. Once I got it, I realized that the color was dark and if I was going dark, I liked he black better. So I exchanged the midnight blue for another black case. I'm totally done now. I got rid of most of my other cases and am totally thrilled to go back and forth between the white silicone and black leather.

I do have a 360 Shumuri frost (used only a couple of times) that I'm going to give away and a brand new Incipio also in frost. I am so settled with the Apple cases that I know I won't be using them.

Can't argue with that, I always end back up with the Apple case myself. I too have tried many cases (admittedly a fun hobby) but when push comes to shove they really are the best for the phone in feel, fit and finish IMO. I get the curiosity bug to try out other things but they never last very long.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.