Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacUser0000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2015
I recently was given a whole collection of random old computer parts, and I found an AirPort Extreme Card.

I'm told it is a wireless router and could give me WiFi. I found it inside a wrecked iBook G4, and it was one of the only parts I could savage. I wonder if I could use it somehow and leverage it.

I can't put it inside of my working labtop, I don't know too much about it.

Thanks!!

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
I recently was given a whole collection of random old computer parts, and I found an AirPort Extreme Card.

I'm told it is a wireless router and could give me WiFi. I found it inside a wrecked iBook G4, and it was one of the only parts I could savage. I wonder if I could use it somehow and leverage it.

I can't put it inside of my working labtop, I don't know too much about it.

Thanks!!

No. There is two devices by the name "AirPort Extreme". There is the AirPort Extreme wireless card which was an internal wireless card for computers and a wireless router. The current AirPort Extreme router is available from Apple for $199 or $129 if you go with a refurbished model. It is a fantastic value!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.