Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shefyks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2015
ive searched around google countless times as to why apple is taking money from my bank account when i havent made a purchase! i came up with nothing and just need a simple explanation as to why this is happening. id really like to keep my money and stop paying for things i dont know about!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Are you subscribed to iCloud storage or itunes match or any other subscription through apps?

jk73

macrumors 65816
Jul 19, 2012
ive searched around google countless times as to why apple is taking money from my bank account when i havent made a purchase! i came up with nothing and just need a simple explanation as to why this is happening. id really like to keep my money and stop paying for things i dont know about!

Do you have kids? If so, maybe they're making in-app purchases on one of your iOS devices.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Do you have a crappy password, so someone else is using your account to download things?

jonblatho

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2014
Oklahoma
Open iTunes on a computer (if it's someone else's computer, remember to log out whenever you're done). Go to the iTunes Store, click Account, and then click "See All" beside the line titled Most Recent Purchase.

If you see unauthorized purchases, as other posters have suggested, it could be an unauthorized person accessing your account or perhaps children making in-app purchases in games. You can also check your Apple ID email for receipts, since Apple sends receipts for every non-free purchase they complete, as far as I know…be it iTunes content, App Store apps and in-app purchases, Apple Store purchases, or iCloud storage plans.

I'd recommend you change your password to something stronger immediately no matter what, and contact Apple to see about getting those charges reversed. They're usually pretty liberal with refunds as long as you don't make a habit out of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.