Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agaskew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
...for rendering my iPad totally useless.

I resisted iOS 8 for a long time, but finally decided to drop it on to my 3rd Gen iPad.

What the ***? Its utterly, completely, ballachingly Useless! Slow, slow, slow. Animations are a joke, Safari cant show a web site for its life, Onenote is unusable. Show running apps via duble click? Go and make a coffee while you wait.

And yes, I did do a clean wipe and install from scratch. I did not restore from a backup.

So, its wiped again, switched off and consigned to the "drawer full of old crap I'll never use again."

Thanks Apple. You bunch of crooks.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
Well, it's your fault. You should have resisted longer. While Apple should never have included the iPad 3 for iOS 8 support, you chose to upgrade. Now you maybe saying, BS and that's harsh.

Well I also have an iPad 3 and it's still happily running iOS 5.1.1 as I knew what a total cluster**** iOS 7 was thanks to Jony Ive.

Last edited by a moderator:

agaskew

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2009
I think the iPad3 is actually worse than other iPad2s in the house, on iOS8.

s2mikey

Suspended
Sep 23, 2013
Upstate, NY
I think the iPad3 is actually worse than other iPad2s in the house, on iOS8.

They are. The iPad 2 is better than the 3 in every way except for the screen but that screen is what kills the iPad 3 since it doesn't have enough power to run it properly. Plenty of slow and almost useless iPad 3s put there, unfortunately.

username:

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2013
That sucks. It probably is little consolation, but you can if you want downgrade to iOS 6 or 7:

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/02/16/how-to-downgrade-ipad-2-to-ios-6-2015/

http://www.macworld.com/article/2687162/how-to-downgrade.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.