Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
I got a refund for most of my Tiles well before the one year battery fail because they simply stopped working, and never reconnected. If TrackR bravo works better, great.

Tile stopped offering replacements for Canada, btw; no idea why but they said they stopped shipping here. Given the importance of a crowd-find feature, I can't imagine why anyone would continue to use Tile in Canada now.

First they stopped shipping to Canada, Germany and Italy (while still shipping the rest of the European Union). They now have stopped shipping to anywhere except the US (+ Puerto Rico, Guam etc.). For first roll-back the cited orders taking way to long to arrive in those three countries (I have no idea why Germany and Italy would have been different than other EU countries). For the latest roll-back they have not given any reason, they have not even acknowledged that they did a roll-back.

Unless they have problems with RF regulations, I have no idea why they have stopped shipping to outside the US (ok, maybe they feel unable to deal with any kind of customs).

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Tile didn't ship to Canada from within the US.

First they stopped shipping to Canada, Germany and Italy (while still shipping the rest of the European Union). They now have stopped shipping to anywhere except the US (+ Puerto Rico, Guam etc.). For first roll-back the cited orders taking way to long to arrive in those three countries (I have no idea why Germany and Italy would have been different than other EU countries). For the latest roll-back they have not given any reason, they have not even acknowledged that they did a roll-back.

Unless they have problems with RF regulations, I have no idea why they have stopped shipping to outside the US (ok, maybe they feel unable to deal with any kind of customs).

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Your definition of "reliably" differs from mine... having to press the button more than once for it to activate means that it works "sometimes", or "occasionally", not "reliably", in my book.

I'm considering this... if I could buy a pack of 3 or something for $30, I'd do it, but 1 for $30 just seems too expensive.

I got in on their early "crowdfunding" campaign, 10 for $100. It's a deal for these type of trackers, but I've been worried by their communication and progress. It sure seems good - and it is an established company with similar (but bigger) products already on the market, so I'm sure it's not a scam... But the delays and bad communication are a bit annoying.

They're current huge media blitz (Yesterday reviews of them popped up online all over the place - obviously they've been sending out review samples to every outlet that would take them) just compounds the annoyance. They're already running months late, I just want my da-- devices already. (And I ran in to problems with their fulfillment system, it didn't show the right number of devices, didn't show the color upgrade I had purchased, wouldn't take the engraving I wanted, etc, etc.)

If the product is solid when it arrives, it would bump my opinion of them up to "indifferent," but right now I'm firmly "annoyed."

xdhd350

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2010
Why do I have to register on-line to use this?

My sentiments exactly. This desire to collect information on people anywhere and everywhere for each little thing you want to use is getting ridiculous. Obviously, some things need that online registration to function, but a localized Bluetooth device?

But hey, you and I are probably the only two people who care.

myestro1111

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2014
Tile 2

These things (just like Tile) are good for your remote & maybe your keys but that's it. Range is more like 30ft. Totally worthless for putting on a dog, etc.

...so... will we be hearing of a Tile lawsuit soon?

Last edited:

mazz0

macrumors 68040
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
This sort of thing needs to be bought by Apple. The problem of not enough users or the crowd feature to work would be solved instantly if it were part of iOS.

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
Apple provides "Find My Device" for iPhones and laptops but yes, it would be brilliant if an iDevice/Tracker could be snapped on everything else.

This sort of thing needs to be bought by Apple. The problem of not enough users or the crowd feature to work would be solved instantly if it were part of iOS.

output555

macrumors member
Dec 17, 2006
Still waiting

I pre-ordered the Trackr through Indiegogo almost a year ago, and have yet to receive anything. They keep sending out updates claiming the units are shipping...expect they aren't. No one responds to emails, and their website is basically a front. My advice is avoid this company as it appears to be nothing more than a scam.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
These things (just like Tile) are good for your remote & maybe your keys but that's it. Range is more like 30ft. Totally worthless for putting on a dog, etc.

...so... will we be hearing of a Tile lawsuit soon?

No... This is a whole class of device that there is a specific Bluetooth profile for. This "type" of device was basically invented by the Bluetooth SIG, free for any number of companies to implement within the Bluetooth specification.

(Just like how just because Ericsson made the first Bluetooth headset doesn't mean that nobody else can make Bluetooth headsets...)

This type of device is specifically targeted at the "~30 ft. range" audience. That's the point - it's ultra-low-power, so the tracker can last for a year (or more) on a battery. It's not meant for "distance tracking", it's meant for "crap, where did I put my keys?"

I pre-ordered the Trackr through Indiegogo almost a year ago, and have yet to receive anything. They keep sending out updates claiming the units are shipping...expect they aren't. No one responds to emails, and their website is basically a front. My advice is avoid this company as it appears to be nothing more than a scam.

They *claim* they have started sending out the "silver, non-customized" ones (on the Indiegogo page,) and there are some claims on the Indiegogo comments section of receiving them, and having problems with them. My order includes engraving and custom colors, so mine are "delayed".

For a company that already had a track record of producing these type items (this isn't their first product in this category, this is just a "smallest we could make" of it,) you'd think they wouldn't have 4+ months of delays.....

Personalwire

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2015
Trackr bravo is a useless false sense of security. I had it for months thinking I was ok even if I dropped my wallet because I could find it. Well it actually happened eventually and I NEVER found it!!!!! It tried connecting for hours and Trackr didn't track my device for the past week. My wallet was stolen I had hope in contacting Trackr to help me find it. I contacted Trackr a few months prior asking to buy some of there products wholesale and they replyed immediately, but when I asked for there help to do what their product should of done they never even got back to me. In the future it could be a good product but as of now its useless unless you lost it in your house otherwise you will still lose all your items!!!!

HowEver

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2005
Toronto
That makes sense since I wasn't planning on losing anything until the future. And in my house.

(Sorry your wallet was stolen.)

Trackr bravo is a useless false sense of security. I had it for months thinking I was ok even if I dropped my wallet because I could find it. Well it actually happened eventually and I NEVER found it!!!!! It tried connecting for hours and Trackr didn't track my device for the past week. My wallet was stolen I had hope in contacting Trackr to help me find it. I contacted Trackr a few months prior asking to buy some of there products wholesale and they replyed immediately, but when I asked for there help to do what their product should of done they never even got back to me. In the future it could be a good product but as of now its useless unless you lost it in your house otherwise you will still lose all your items!!!!

garymayk

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2015
Somebody should attach a trackr device to thetrackr.com. I spent $87 on these devices before Mothers Day. Now it's a day past Fathers Day and I still haven't heard a word from these people. The money was taken from my account the day I ordered. My attempt to contact thetrackr.com triggered a phishing alert and locked up my browser. I can't find a phone number or address for the company anywhere. I'm a few days away from complaining to BBB and my state's Consumer Protection Bureau in the Attorney General's Office. My experience so far: thetrackr.com is a waste of money.

garymayk

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2015
I've had trouble reaching this company. How do I get in touch with them?

midiac27

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2015
I have 3 active Tiles, and at least 2 of them have come in rather handy more than a couple times. . .
See I have one in my wallet. ... I forget where I put stuff all the time . . . 1.) it puts me instantly at ease to see the device connect and within range, and though the sound is VERY quiet, 2.) It always connects directly and I am still able to go by it's cues in the app as to it is right around me and 3.) keep looking - don't go into the other room, really start picking stuff up and looking underneath... and BOOOM! what? you've never forgot where you put something. . . like YOUR KEYS?.....

These devices rock, just need audio amplification jacked up big time....

I like the alert that you left that significant object behind, go back and get it dumb a$$.
AC

Delf

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2015

Launched as an Indiegogo project in the middle of last year, the TrackR Bravo is a follow up product to the StickR TrackR, a small coin-sized Bluetooth-enabled device designed to attach to valuable items so they can be located using the TrackR app.

As of today, the TrackR Bravo, which is smaller and lighter than the company's previous-generation products, has begun shipping out to customers. Like the original TrackR products, the TrackR Bravo attaches to items and gives out alerts via an iPhone app when an item is misplaced, preventing keys, cameras, and other small objects from being lost.

Ahead of the product's launch, TrackR sent MacRumors a TrackR Bravo to review, so read on to see how it works and what we thought of it.

Design

The TrackR Bravo is slightly larger than a quarter, and approximately as large as two quarters stacked on top of each other. It is circular in shape, with a small loop at the top that allows it to be attached to a keyring for fastening to keys, pet collars, and more.

trackrbravo-800x374.jpg
It has a colorful anodized aluminum housing, and it's small enough to fit comfortably in a purse, wallet, or camera bag.

How it Works

The TrackR Bravo has built-in Bluetooth 4.0, with a 100 foot range. It works in conjunction with the TrackR app, which can be downloaded for free from the App Store.

After registering for a TrackR account within the app, the TrackR Bravo can be activated by choosing "Add a New Device" and pressing the Bluetooth activation button on the TrackR. The app supports 10 different TrackR Bravo devices, so multiple items can be tracked at the same time.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: TrackR Bravo Review: Hands-On With a Coin-Sized Bluetooth Tracker for Lost Items

DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY! Paid them over 12 months ago, did not ship my product and they are refusing to refund!

PeterJay

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2010
Newcastle upon tyne
So, after 6 months of waiting, and 4 months after this preview, my 3 ordered items finally arrived.

Unfortunately the volume of the device is pitifully low, to the extent that I (say) can't hear it in a wallet, in my coat, when I am standing right next to it.

Maybe it is the high pitch of the sound, and my 50-year old ears, but that still makes it useless to me.

As low volume is one of the things you referred to in this article, it would be reasonable to assume it would be something they had taken this time to fix.

I'm baffled what else they can have been doing for the past few months.

Last edited:

bobjackson

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2015
I bought a 3 pack of the TrackR bravo product. Save your money and buy something (anything else).

They don't work. Period. I bought a 3 pack. 1 worked for the first 10 minutes. The other two wouldn't work even immediately after setup.

Then after 1 hour none worked even when both my cell phone and keys were in the same room.

I waited 3 months to receive this.

I've written to the company 4 times now and they never respond. I have 2 "open support tickets." One is 18 days old. I have never received a single response back.

What a waste of Money. Terrible customer service.

don2545

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
So, after 6 months of waiting, and 4 months after this preview, my 3 ordered items finally arrived.

Unfortunately the volume of the device is pitifully low, to the extent that I (say) can't hear it in a wallet, in my coat, when I am standing right next to it.

Maybe it is the high pitch of the sound, and my 50-year old ears, but that still makes it useless to me.

As low volume is one of the things you referred to in this article, it would be reasonable to assume it would be something they had taken this time to fix.

I'm baffled what else they can have been doing for the past few months.
I totally AGREE! It also can not be found outside of a car, standing next to it!

don2545

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2015
I bought a 3 pack of the TrackR bravo product. Save your money and buy something (anything else).

They don't work. Period. I bought a 3 pack. 1 worked for the first 10 minutes. The other two wouldn't work even immediately after setup.

Then after 1 hour none worked even when both my cell phone and keys were in the same room.

I waited 3 months to receive this.

I've written to the company 4 times now and they never respond. I have 2 "open support tickets." One is 18 days old. I have never received a single response back.

What a waste of Money. Terrible customer service.
I totally agree! I have had the same experience. When the battery gets down to 2.9 volts, it also can not be discovered on my iPhone, sitting 1 foot away.

rgranger

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Houston

Launched as an Indiegogo project in the middle of last year, the TrackR Bravo is a follow up product to the StickR TrackR, a small coin-sized Bluetooth-enabled device designed to attach to valuable items so they can be located using the TrackR app.

As of today, the TrackR Bravo, which is smaller and lighter than the company's previous-generation products, has begun shipping out to customers. Like the original TrackR products, the TrackR Bravo attaches to items and gives out alerts via an iPhone app when an item is misplaced, preventing keys, cameras, and other small objects from being lost.

Ahead of the product's launch, TrackR sent MacRumors a TrackR Bravo to review, so read on to see how it works and what we thought of it.

Design

The TrackR Bravo is slightly larger than a quarter, and approximately as large as two quarters stacked on top of each other. It is circular in shape, with a small loop at the top that allows it to be attached to a keyring for fastening to keys, pet collars, and more.

trackrbravo-800x374.jpg
It has a colorful anodized aluminum housing, and it's small enough to fit comfortably in a purse, wallet, or camera bag.

How it Works

The TrackR Bravo has built-in Bluetooth 4.0, with a 100 foot range. It works in conjunction with the TrackR app, which can be downloaded for free from the App Store.

After registering for a TrackR account within the app, the TrackR Bravo can be activated by choosing "Add a New Device" and pressing the Bluetooth activation button on the TrackR. The app supports 10 different TrackR Bravo devices, so multiple items can be tracked at the same time.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: TrackR Bravo Review: Hands-On With a Coin-Sized Bluetooth Tracker for Lost Items

rgranger

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Houston
Save your money, they don't work. I have 4 of the fobs and none of them stay connected. I don't know if it is crud software or if the battery connection isn't solid, but after the first few days, everytime I have needed it, none of the fobs can be found and or the phone doesn't alert when the fob is pressed. SKIP THIS!!! BAD BAD BAD
Their response to my complain of one failed tab, was check their forum - Kcuf their forum and their support.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I ordered three of these things after reading this review and still don't have them... but based on the reports, here, it seems I just threw my money away. I think MacRumors needs to do some investigation into this. Their review is glowing but the product is largely vapour and those that have received it have nothing good to say. WTF?!

This is the last time I ever take any review MacRumors does seriously. What a crock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.