Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jack1011

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Hi guys, so my problem is that the address bar no longer shows up in Safari. I'm pretty Mac savvy, and I can't think of anything that I did that would've caused this; nor can I figure out how to fix it.

Safari still works otherwise; if I click a link from an email or something, Safari still opens the page. However, a browser without an address bar is pretty useless.

Worst case scenario, I can restore from a backup to fix the problem. More than anything I'm just curious as to what could have caused it, and how to fix it.

Thanks!

P.S. in case it helps, I'm on an early 2014 MacBook Air (OS X 10.10.3)

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Hi guys, so my problem is that the address bar no longer shows up in Safari. I'm pretty Mac savvy, and I can't think of anything that I did that would've caused this; nor can I figure out how to fix it.
Under the View menu in Safari, choose the first item, which will be "Show Toolbar."

jack1011

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2014
Under the View menu in Safari, choose the first item, which will be "Show Toolbar."

Haha, problem solved. Thanks so much! I checked the View menu, but I had tunnel vision and was looking specifically for the words 'Address Bar'.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Haha, problem solved. Thanks so much! I checked the View menu, but I had tunnel vision and was looking specifically for the words 'Address Bar'.

It took me a second to figure out what the command was called, so I can relate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.