Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flac

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
.. And use that as backup?

I ask because my computer is out of order so that I might have to use a library computer to backup my iPhone and upload it to a storage site but I wonder if it would upload okay and if it would really work if I download it again and try to put it back in the iPhone.

I want to back up because I want to be able to go back to the lower iOS (5.1.1) if I find the iOS 7 which I want to update to unbearably slow.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
.. And use that as backup?

I ask because my computer is out of order so that I might have to use a library computer to backup my iPhone and upload it to a storage site but I wonder if it would upload okay and if it would really work if I download it again and try to put it back in the iPhone.

I want to back up because I want to be able to go back to the lower iOS (5.1.1) if I find the iOS 7 which I want to update to unbearably slow.

You can't go back to an older version of iOS using a backup. It would only restore the contents, not the iOS version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.