Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whatever77

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2015
Returning my 1.2/512. Really wanted to love it, but I just don´t. Screen and portability is amazing. That is about it.

The battery life is way to short. The lack of ability to plug into a Thunderbolt display is also a deal breaker. Keyboard is nice but nothing special. Do not see any difference in using the touchpad vs my other MBs.

Screen is too small. Compared to my other 13" Airs it is just a little bit too small.

A MB Air with Retina and would be a killer machine. As a family we have 3 iPads, 4 iPhones, 2 Apple TVs, 3 laptops and an iMac. This new Macbook was to me a big disappointment. It is not for everyone - certainly not for me..

bcaslis

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2008
I see battery life about the same as the 13" rMBP for the same usage. The only Mac that really betters the battery life is the 13" MBA. I don't see battery life as a problem for this machine.

newellj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
I see battery life about the same as the 13" rMBP for the same usage. The only Mac that really betters the battery life is the 13" MBA. I don't see battery life as a problem for this machine.

I agree. I didn't see any noticeable differences vs the 13" rMBP. Certainly nothing like the 5-6 hour times that a couple of people have reported. Yosemite will eat up battery time during the first 24 hours or so after the computer is set up.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
Returning my 1.2/512. Really wanted to love it, but I just don´t. Screen and portability is amazing. That is about it.

Screen is too small. Compared to my other 13" Airs it is just a little bit too small.

A MB Air with Retina and would be a killer machine. As a family we have 3 iPads, 4 iPhones, 2 Apple TVs, 3 laptops and an iMac. This new Macbook was to me a big disappointment. It is not for everyone - certainly not for me..

I think the issue with a 13" rMBA is that it wouldn't be much thinner than a 13" rMBP. The next step down from the MBA processor is the Core M. As for the screen, 12" is a good size for me. It isn't expansive, but it is a nice step up from the 11.6" MBA.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2012
Returning rMB keeping 2015 MBA

rmb is nice just finding that using it on my lao is easier with MBA as its larger and easier to hld no real issue using a desk with either
great screen but guess what when I put on a black bevel cover from an Italian firm the contrast seems bette on the MBA ! It;s a subjective thing but it is easier on the eye and the 12 hr battery life is nice too...
Maybe get rMB in a couple of years when improved/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.