Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tecnho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
I am having trouble enabling dragging "with drag lock" in the trackpad options in accessibility. I have it set to enable dragging with drag lock but when I lift my finger after dragging a file or a window- it stops the drag process and requires me to select again to continue to drag. Am I doing something wrong? I am new to Yosemite, but I figured since there is a chance that the new trackpad could be a contributing factor to this issue, I would just post here and see if anyone else has been having difficulties.

tecnho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Disregard. I have figured out the issue. It seems the effective way of dragging a window is by double tapping as opposed to double clicking. Seeing as I have transferred from an early 2008 MB I was unfamiliar with clickable trackpads, and I now learned that the ol' fashioned double tap enables the desirable continuous drag until tapping again to cancel.

Kiwi 99

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2011
Have you tried 3-finger drag instead? (On same accessibility panel)
I switched to 3-finger drag a few years ago and haven't looked back (as well as tap-to-click). I never press down on the trackpad at all, just gestures on the surface. Might be worth a look while you're adjusting anyway

tecnho

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 13, 2015
Have you tried 3-finger drag instead? (On same accessibility panel)

I switched to 3-finger drag a few years ago and haven't looked back (as well as tap-to-click). I never press down on the trackpad at all, just gestures on the surface. Might be worth a look while you're adjusting anyway

I tried that briefly, but as far as I can tell the gestures for mission control and exposè revert automatically to 4 finger gestures when 3 finger drag is enabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.