Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
Has anyone had a Neucase custom iPhone? I know that it voids warranty, but just wondering how quality it. Does it use the original sapphire lens cover or do they use a different one?

For those who dont know what Neucase is, I found them on Instagram @neucase. They are about 15 mins from my house. They repair and create custom iPhone colors. They recently released an iPhone 6 rear shell that they place on your phone. Celebs use them for custom colors too.

Just not sure how the quality is. They respond through text messages and i guess are so "busy" that their responses are all over the place. They said they use all original internal parts and that it is still the sapphire lens, however, pictures of the shells show a lens already on the phone (since iPhone 6 camera sticks out)

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Has anyone had a Neucase custom iPhone? I know that it voids warranty, but just wondering how quality it. Does it use the original sapphire lens cover or do they use a different one?

For those who dont know what Neucase is, I found them on Instagram @neucase. They are about 15 mins from my house. They repair and create custom iPhone colors. They recently released an iPhone 6 rear shell that they place on your phone. Celebs use them for custom colors too.

Just not sure how the quality is. They respond through text messages and i guess are so "busy" that their responses are all over the place. They said they use all original internal parts and that it is still the sapphire lens, however, pictures of the shells show a lens already on the phone (since iPhone 6 camera sticks out)

I want to know answers for the same questions you have too ! I live two hours from there and saw some of thier work and it's calling my name !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 2,341
Reactions: Howyalikdemapls

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I was going saturday, but cancelled, as i am weary of the camera lens cover durability. The sapphire puts my mind at ease! I was close to biting the bullet and getting a gold back w/ purple apple and buttons (Lakers).

Nice , lakers colors, it's too bad we don't have a solid team

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
So I ended up doing it . Loving my iPhone in red & white. The housing is OEM quality and they use the same camera lens that it came with so that's good. This is my iphone ! Freaking loving it . Getting a lot of attention and compliments already . I have a white front and the back in red as you could see in the pic. If you want more pics , let me know .

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 557
Last edited:

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
He said they used the original one from his phone. Looks nice but $260/£200 pounds :(

Yeah its the same lens.

thanks! man i should have done it back then. I still might. he quoted me $250 cash for a custom Gold with purple accents (Lakers), but I was scared of the camera lens being replaced and getting scuffed. I used the camera daily

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
thanks! man i should have done it back then. I still might. he quoted me $250 cash for a custom Gold with purple accents (Lakers), but I was scared of the camera lens being replaced and getting scuffed. I used the camera daily

If there is a chance of you going for the 6s in a few months then maybe best to wait until then.

I get bored with my phones so it would be wasteful for me to get it done because I'm pretty sure I will get the 6s when it comes out so I will think a bit more about it then. I would also have the extra cost of sending it from the UK but I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much but what colour to get? At least I will have enough time to make my mind up.

I'm ordering a new car for delivery in September for the new plate here in the UK so I could go for the same colour as the car.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
If there is a chance of you going for the 6s in a few months then maybe best to wait until then.

I get bored with my phones so it would be wasteful for me to get it done because I'm pretty sure I will get the 6s when it comes out so I will think a bit more about it then. I would also have the extra cost of sending it from the UK but I'm sure it wouldn't cost that much but what colour to get? At least I will have enough time to make my mind up.

I'm ordering a new car for delivery in September for the new plate here in the UK so I could go for the same colour as the car.

I usually keep the phone and upgrade every 2 years, but I've already gone almost 7 months, so yeah maybe on the iPhone 7 or if I feel like spending extra cash

dnoph

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2015
oh WOW!! that looks awesome, but the price is a little too much for me to swallow

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California

Oh man, the gold one with the purple accents would of been solid !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.