Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tom Schrier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2014
Norway
Hello
My iPhone stopped uploading and syncing photos to iCloud and my other devices. This happen after I used photo burst mode on the iPhone.

Now it says: "76 items to upload" then it goes to "uploading 76 items" and then back to "76 items to upload" and so on... :confused:
The only way I get my photos on my mac now is by plugging in the charger to the mac.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? I have never seen this before.

reverberlayed

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2014
Did you always have this problem or have you been able to upload pictures before?

If it has worked in the past, check to ensure you have enough free space on iCloud. Ensure you're connected to WiFi. Try some basic things like restarting the phone and resetting network settings and report back.

Tom Schrier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2014
Norway
It worked great before!

iCloud 15Gb of 20Gb free. (should be enough for 80 pictures :p)
WiFi: Yes, Im connected.
Restarting the phone: Yes, I have done that 2 times since I got this problem.
Resetting network: Yup done that, router and modem.

I also visited a friend with better internett speeds, the photos didn't upload there... :confused:

reverberlayed

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2014
Interesting. Have you tried to sign out of iCloud and sign back in? You're using iCloud Library, right?

I can't get iCloud Library to work on my phone. It just says" 2,098 photos to upload." I went through a bunch of troubleshooting steps to no avail. I contacted Apple Support, and they weren't able to help me. I restored phone from backup - still doesn't work. The only think that worked was restoring as a new device. Once I did that, all new pics uploaded and all the pics on my iPad showed on my iPhone.

Maybe try and contact Apple Support.

Edit: For resetting network settings, have you tried going to Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings? If you're unfamiliar, it will erase all saved wifi passwords & settings.

Or have you just tried resetting the router and modem?

Tom Schrier

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 7, 2014
Norway
Fixed!

I have contacted Apple Support, they told me to Sign out of iCloud (and then sign in of course) That fixed the problem!

Thank you so much for the help, I appreciate it a lot! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.