Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Hi guys! I received a review sample of the Saddle Leather Folio case from Adopted recently and I wanted to post a quick review of it. In my opinion, this is an excellent leather folio case for the 6 Plus. The leather quality seems wonderful, the case is easy to get on and off, the folio cover is quite unobtrusive when folded to the back of the iPhone, and the case simply looks great. On the negative side, there is no closure mechanism, so the cover can simply open at will. However, this didn't particularly bother me much--the cover mostly stayed shut by itself. This is also not really a wallet case at all. It is branded as a folio case, and although it has two card slots, it really doesn't close too well if you put cards in it, and you can't do that much with just two card slots anyway. But as I said, this is really just a folio case, so I don't think you can mark it down too much for its sub-par wallet functionality.

Adopted Saddle Leather Folio for iPhone 6 Plus- Front Bottom View.jpg

Adopted Saddle Leather Folio for iPhone 6 Plus- Front Open View.jpg

Adopted Saddle Leather Folio for iPhone 6 Plus- Back Side View.jpg

Adopted Saddle Leather Folio for iPhone 6 Plus-Front View.jpg

Thanks!

Kristin

Ta0jin

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2011
Maryland
Hi guys! I received a review sample of the Saddle Leather Folio case from Adopted recently and I wanted to post a quick review of it. In my opinion, this is an excellent leather folio case for the 6 Plus. The leather quality seems wonderful, the case is easy to get on and off, the folio cover is quite unobtrusive when folded to the back of the iPhone, and the case simply looks great. On the negative side, there is no closure mechanism, so the cover can simply open at will. However, this didn't particularly bother me much--the cover mostly stayed shut by itself. This is also not really a wallet case at all. It is branded as a folio case, and although it has two card slots, it really doesn't close too well if you put cards in it, and you can't do that much with just two card slots anyway. But as I said, this is really just a folio case, so I don't think you can mark it down too much for its sub-par wallet functionality.

View attachment 553404

View attachment 553405

View attachment 553406

View attachment 553407

YouTube: video

Thanks!

Kristin

I almost bought this in black but I decided on the leather wrap version instead but i agree it's awesome!

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Nice looking case but I prefer a wallet style. How did you get to be a reviewer Kristin? Seems a fun job to have all those products to review..
It's not really a wallet, despite the card slots--I totally agree. But as a folio case, it is awesome!
As far as the reviewing is concerned, I just kind of slid into it. I started reviewing some cases that I liked that I had bought, and then it just kind of grew from there. It's not a full time job or anything, but it is fun :)

Kristin

Will22

macrumors 65816
Dec 4, 2011
It's not really a wallet, despite the card slots--I totally agree. But as a folio case, it is awesome!
As far as the reviewing is concerned, I just kind of slid into it. I started reviewing some cases that I liked that I had bought, and then it just kind of grew from there. It's not a full time job or anything, but it is fun :)

Kristin

You sound like Lisa Gade from Mobile Tech Reviews, and thinking about it I have never seen both of you in the same room together ;)

Infinitewisdom

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2012
I generally like their stuff. Really well made. Just so expensive for an iPhone case though. They've got something similar to this at Best Buy I think.

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
Kristin,

When my Apple Watch arrives, I'll probably place my iPhone in a nice leather pouch and keep it in my pocket until really necessary!

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I generally like their stuff. Really well made. Just so expensive for an iPhone case though. They've got something similar to this at Best Buy I think.

The Saddle Leather line from Adopted is exclusive to Best Buy, actually. You can buy this exact case there, as well as the regular version without a folio cover.

Kristin

----------

Kristin,

When my Apple Watch arrives, I'll probably place my iPhone in a nice leather pouch and keep it in my pocket until really necessary!

I hear you! Apple Watch is so cool. Which model are you getting?

Kristin

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I hear you! Apple Watch is so cool. Which model are you getting?

Kristin

I thought you would 'hear me' !

I going for the Space Grey Sport with a Spigen Tough Armor case when needed for the G Shock look.

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I thought you would 'hear me' !

I going for the Space Grey Sport with a Spigen Tough Armor case when needed for the G Shock look.

I look forward to the pics!! Hope your watch gets here soon. Those wait times are crazy!

Kristin

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
You guys are funny. I'll have to go listen to her!

Kristin

OK, my daughter and I watched one of Lisa Gage's videos and you are right, we do have similar voices. We're not the same person though, honest! I only wish I had as many YouTube subscribers and views as she does!!

Kristin

Lokesh-

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2014
Sorry to bump this old thread, but how has the case held up after using it for a few months?

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
I'm afraid my answer won't be very helpful, as I haven't given it that much use. I switch my cases out extensively...and I have a lot of cases!!! It looks fine, though :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.