Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpelolanelo

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2015
Hello!!

Are you planning to add this features?:

1. Open files on the cloud (dropbox and google drive) straightaway without having to download the file to the device and within infuse.

2. Including files with DTS audio.

3. And launching them to Google Cast and Apple TV.

AllCast can do all such things but doesn't decode DTS so I can't see those files in my chrome cast. I have lots of space in my Google Drive Account and I would love to take advantage of it.

Thanks!!!

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hello!!

Are you planning to add this features?:

1. Open files on the cloud (dropbox and google drive) straightaway without having to download the file to the device and within infuse.

Yes - this is something we're looking into for a future version.

2. Including files with DTS audio.

Fully certified support for DTS-HD audio was added in Infuse 3.0.

3. And launching them to Google Cast and Apple TV.

Both AirPlay and Google Cast are supported in the current version. ;)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Here's a sneak peek of the all-new folders option in Infuse 3.4. #comingsoon

folder.png folder2.png

Reactions: Andydigital

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Looks good, hopefully Apple will allow third parties access to the PiP feature in io9 and Infuse is able to support it as that would be great.
It's something we're definitely looking into. #fingerscrossed

Have Infuse 3.4 the function select all button, for the file?
Yes, Infuse 3.4 will allow for selecting items to be moved or deleted in bulk.

sherlockeb

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2014
Hi, I can't use this app at the moment because it tries to use HW decoding on every MKV file and that leads to artifacts(let the user switch between HW and SW)
and there are times it won't use the ASS subtitles font.
Other than your app is great and I see you'll be adding folders into your app which makes it even better.
Have a good one.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Hi, I can't use this app at the moment because it tries to use HW decoding on every MKV file and that leads to artifacts(let the user switch between HW and SW)
and there are times it won't use the ASS subtitles font.
Other than your app is great and I see you'll be adding folders into your app which makes it even better.
Have a good one.
Support for 10-bit content is still somewhat limited on iOS, but it is something we are working to improve.

If you have any specific details or sample files you care to send in, feel free to drop us a note at http://firecore.com/contact or send an email from within the Infuse app itself. http://support.firecore.com/entries/26759150-Submitting-Diagnostic-Logs

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
Is there a way to improve streaming performance? I play most of the movies/series from my NAS through wifi. They are big files (mostly remuxes 20GB for movies and 5-6GB for series).
Playback is fine but when I fast forward I have to wait like 10-15 seconds. Tries the same with VLC and it's much faster... 3-5 s wait after fast forward.
Thanks

PS: I browse my files with the DSfile App from Synology and when I select a movie it gives me the option to play it in another app like VLC, nCore etc. Infuse is not displayed... Could it be integrated?

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
Is there a way to improve streaming performance? I play most of the movies/series from my NAS through wifi. They are big files (mostly remuxes 20GB for movies and 5-6GB for series).
Playback is fine but when I fast forward I have to wait like 10-15 seconds. Tries the same with VLC and it's much faster... 3-5 s wait after fast forward.
Thanks

PS: I browse my files with the DSfile App from Synology and when I select a movie it gives me the option to play it in another app like VLC, nCore etc. Infuse is not displayed... Could it be integrated?
Do you know if you are streaming via SMB, UPnP, or FTP? Most Synology models will support all 3, so you may also try switching to a different one to see if you have better results. The upcoming 3.4 version (currently in Apple's review queue) will also have a handful of performance improvements which could help in cases like this.

We're also working with Synology to get Infuse added, and it sounds like this will be available in the next update of DS File.

Sparxxx

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2009
I have tried SMB (usualy the one I use most), FTP and WebDAV. Not much of a difference. FTP seems the fastest but not that much faster plus it's not to secure:).
How can I set UPnP?
Looking forward for the update.

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
I have tried SMB (usualy the one I use most), FTP and WebDAV. Not much of a difference. FTP seems the fastest but not that much faster plus it's not to secure:).
How can I set UPnP?
Looking forward for the update.
You would need to enable UPnP on the Synology drive first, then it will be auto-detected in Infuse.

BTW - I believe VLC only supports FTP and UPnP. ;)

firecore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 20, 2010
Denver, CO
We've been hard at work to make watching videos in Infuse even better and more enjoyable. In version 3.4 we've added a handful of exciting improvements including new organization options, background audio playback, and more!

Organize videos using folders
An all-new folders option provides the ability to manually organize videos to your heart's content. You can even set custom artwork for each, allowing everything to mesh seamlessly with the native Infuse layout.

Background (audio) playback
Background playback allows for a video's audio to continue playing in the background while using other apps or while your device is locked. This is handy when leaving the app to repsond to a quick email, or for playing a continuous stream of music videos. Background playback requires Infuse Pro.

And more...
  • Landscape lock setting for iPhone
  • File size is now shown when browsing shares through Add Files screen
  • Callback URLs for streaming from other apps
  • Added Turkish translation - thanks Semih!
  • Delete videos from ticket view
  • Option to show filenames instead of fetched names
  • Improved speed of video artwork caching and loading
  • Improved speed and stability of SMB connections
  • Resolved issues with some direct URLs not working
  • Auto-empty URL field after a link is saved
  • Other minor improvements and fixes
Download Infuse 3.4 on the App Store, for free.
http://apps.firecore.com/infuse

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.