Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
They mentioned it in the Qualifying highlights show on saturday. Given where they are at, I'd go for no paint!
Of course thats how the silver arrows became known as the silver arrows. No paint to save weight!

The Naked Arrows maybe? :D

Of interest, Autosport have got hold of the FOM payments for 2014. Unsurprisingly, Ferrari make the most money despite coming fourth as they receive more money than the team winning the championship just for competing, although not quite sure why Red Bull make more money than Mclaren as a baseline?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
The Naked Arrows maybe? :D

Of interest, Autosport have got hold of the FOM payments for 2014. Unsurprisingly, Ferrari make the most money despite coming fourth as they receive more money than the team winning the championship just for competing, although not quite sure why Red Bull make more money than Mclaren as a baseline?

Personally I'd pay the teams based on how they finished the season. But Burnie has some strange idears.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Rule changes coming in over the next two seasons.

:: For 2016

Free choice of the two dry tyre compounds (out of four) that each team can use during the race weekend

:: For 2017

Faster cars: Five to six second drop in laptimes through aerodynamic rules evolution, wider tyres and reduction of car weight

Reintroduction of refuelling (maintaining a maximum race fuel allowance)

Higher revving engines and increased noise

More aggressive looks

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
Rule changes coming in over the next two seasons.

:: For 2016

Free choice of the two dry tyre compounds (out of four) that each team can use during the race weekend

:: For 2017

Faster cars: Five to six second drop in laptimes through aerodynamic rules evolution, wider tyres and reduction of car weight

Reintroduction of refuelling (maintaining a maximum race fuel allowance)

Higher revving engines and increased noise

More aggressive looks

free choice of tyre: excellent. one less forced aspect of the races

faster cars: good, although it seems to much of a step. I am sure they could have cars that lap at 20 seconds faster if they really wanted. the problem is how to keep costs down and safety up doing that. they should move gradually

reintroduction of refuelling: completely idiotic idea

more noise: non-existent issue. it;s demented to waste resources to even discuss it

looks: current cars look great, and it is such a subjective aspect. another idiotic non-issue

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
This is a solution looking for a problem. I would argue the opposite. The complete lack of parity in F1 is troubling.

Teams should be paid the same across the board. Period.

Ferrari getting a premium "Because Ferrari" is lame. Face it: Ferrari would not leave F1 if they took the premium away. Period.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Nico must be pleased. Lewis has just signed a new contract until the end of 2018, and dominates first practise.
So how many genuine overtakes do you think we will see on Sunday? On track I think just a handful!
Hope I'm wrong.

tdale

macrumors 65816
Aug 11, 2013
Christchurch, N.Z.
Nico must be pleased. Lewis has just signed a new contract until the end of 2018, and dominates first practise.
So how many genuine overtakes do you think we will see on Sunday? On track I think just a handful!
Hope I'm wrong.

Hardly any, end of tunnel is about the only real place, the end of the main straight isn't that great to pass. But, many other cars are in play with the less need for brute power. Might see a do or die quali, to bank a lap as we will only be 7th, then go for it, no holes barred

pachyderm

macrumors G3
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
vl28glR.png

damon had it all but won...
----------

PmJ7gre.png

but i was happy for Olivier ...
----------

Vm77Zg9.png

my little jarno...

36EvKT8.png

"ziggy ziggy hey!"

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Sorry if this has already been posted!

I love my F1, can't wait for Monaco this weekend. This has to be the best lap I've ever seen of it. Plus Brundle's commentary makes it all the better.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So Lewis has finally broken his qualifying duck at Monaco. It's really his race to lose now. With a few spots of rain today, hopefully we might see some rain tomorrow to spice it up a bit.
Good to see Button almost make Q3. Maybe points tomorrow as long as they get the reliability of course.
Williams seemed off the pace all day today. Not sure why. Especially Botas who normally gets the best out of his car.

panerista

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Suddenly this race just got a lot more interesting. Glad Max is okay.

Merc just through away the race for Hamilton. They honestly thought they had time to get an unnecessary tire change.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Really? What an earth were they thinking? Didn't need new tyres. Come on Mercades what were you thinking?
I might be a Lewis fan, but nobody can say that this was the right result. A one two thrown away as well.
Really hope he can bounce back for next time out.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
what an idiotic move! :D:D:D:D

can't say i am not happy it happened.
makes things a lot more interesting
:D:D

I agree. In post race interviews he said he wanted to come in because the tyres were fading... then Toto goes and apologizes. Whoever's mistake it was, it's good to see Nico in a position to pick up where Lewis left off.

Really disappointed to see Alonso out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.