Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sualpine

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2013
What future? Intel have been powering PCs for decades. They know better than Apple in this field. Heck, even AMD probably knows better.

If Intel knows what they are doing, then why is Qualcomm killing them in the mobile space? Why was Broadwell delayed for so long? I don't think Intel is as steady as you think. Anyone that understands Apple knows that they would drop their reliance on a 3rd party as soon as possible, including Intel. You do realize that Intel is the only reason new MacBook Pros and iMacs haven't been released already? Apple HATES that. They will shift to ARM as soon as it will be accepted in the market.

Even Longer

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Heidelberg
I personally think, - this the ugliest WWDC Logo by far...
All previous Apple announcement logos were colorful, but very distinctively designed.

This one is not only visually distracting, but also feels like one of the previous ones, "pimped" by a 10-year-old Photoshop wannabe professional.

Conclusion: Apple is doomed.

Q.E.D.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I personally think, - this the ugliest WWDC Logo by far...
All previous Apple announcement logos were colorful, but very distinctively designed.

This one is not only visually distracting, but also feels like one of the previous ones, "pimped" by a 10-year-old Photoshop wannabe professional.

Conclusion: Apple is doomed.

Q.E.D.
Doesn't seem like the one from a few years back is that much "better"/"different": https://9to5mac.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/screen-shot-2013-04-24-at-8-40-22-am.png

recoil80

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
If Intel knows what they are doing, then why is Qualcomm killing them in the mobile space? Why was Broadwell delayed for so long? I don't think Intel is as steady as you think. Anyone that understands Apple knows that they would drop their reliance on a 3rd party as soon as possible, including Intel. You do realize that Intel is the only reason new MacBook Pros and iMacs haven't been released already? Apple HATES that. They will shift to ARM as soon as it will be accepted in the market.

I think it's gonna take some years for the complete switch but that's their ultimate goal in my opinion.
Apple is more attracted to the consumer world, of course, and the future of Macbook is ARM like the iPad.

The two worlds, iOS and OS X will continue to exist, but in the future I see apps able to adapt to the OS so with the same project (maybe compiling different binaries) you will be able to create an app for the iPad and the Mac. Different UI for touch and mouse, but same core functions due to the same language and many shared APIs.
It could be possibile with Intel, but more likely they'll control the CPU on the Mac as well.
I don't know if the PRO users will like that move, but let's face the fact they're a small percentage of Apple's business now so I'm afraid Apple doesn't really care about them like it did in the past

Topfry

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2011
Was WWDC '13 about TV? That artwork had rounded recs too.

Or how about 2014? Lots of people thought that artwork was about TV too.

I was quite interested in the Amazon Echo when it was announced, as it seems to have a couple of ideas that could prove relevant to ATV; the centre of the HomeKit living room for one, Siri like voice control etc Its interesting to notice their graphic for voice recognition:https://d20eksp2oiwjcj.cloudfront.net/images/VoiceRecognition.png
look at all familiar?
I'm wishfully thinking the atv could be a router/atv hybrid as the epicentre of the home; iwatch check ins; home kit; bluetooth audio; storage even. (That would clear out at least 3 boxes behind my tv). Not impressed by the idea that it would just offer subscription content, otherwise the current box is adequate until 4k...

AnsonX10

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2009
4/20
Change has gotten us where we are today, and it's not an ideal place to be. I don't want any more "change," unless it means reverting to the way it was with Steve. You know, with actually functioning hardware and software?

There's already too much change; Too many progressions, and too few regressions. That's probably why Apple's software is terrible these days.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Change has gotten us where we are today, and it's not an ideal place to be. I don't want any more "change," unless it means reverting to the way it was with Steve. You know, with actually functioning hardware and software?

There's already too much change; Too many progressions, and too few regressions. That's probably why Apple's software is terrible these days.
Apple's software is terrible these days? :confused:

Bevz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
You guys are far off. The center of the image is clearly the Watch. The Watch is the "epicenter of change" because of how it interacts with your iPhone. The circles are the Watch apps and the squares are other Watches.

Oh.... yeah.... Damn.... I had such hopes..... bollox.... :(

minmax

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2015
Absolutely. You never know, especially since chemistry apps may be rare. I saw a Github repository of people's submissions last year and while they were really good, some were almost like resumes.

I went last year and you should do anything in your power to go. It's awesome and you won't forget it. It's super fun.

I did this app that records trails called Momento that I am planning to submit for both the scholarship and the app store. Momento doesn't abide the rules of the scholarship though (i.e. it doesn't have my name as the app name, and doesn't tell any stuff about me). But I just submitted it to see what happens ;)

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
You know, everyone...

Not for nothing, but I wonder if with all that's happening in Nepal, plus in their back yard (The Concord/Green Valley fault went off on 5/3, and the Newport/Inglewood fault had a quake on 4/30), makes the tagline for the WWDC appear very tacky. I wonder if we may see a change in it before the WWDC actually starts..

BL.

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
Apple Announces WWDC 2015 Takes Place June 8-12 at Moscone West

I wonder what os x 10.11 will bring besides under the hood upgrades?

Keirasplace

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2014
Montreal

You mean like the totally broken down IOS 4 release that almost bricked past phones? Hey! How quickly people forget. IOS 1.0 has probably 1/10 the features IOS 8 has, you want to go back to that?

kristoffer4

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2006
Denmark
Do you think that we will see any updates for icloud drive? I would love a trash can that worked the same way as photos icloud. :cool:

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
wwdc15 logo:
not about shapes.
many layers upon layers.
force touch. glances. notification center types of information access technologies.
its about improved ways to access your data, in ways that interfere less with whatever you are doing. less invasive, quicker to dismiss.
across all devices. no matter what screen size or network connection type.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
The earthquake they're talking about is clearly the unification of OSX and iOS
Also, probably a new Apple TV

The unification of OSX and iOS would definitely create an earthquake. One potential issue could be that only iOS devices with 2GB of RAM may be compatible with the new OS, meaning only the iPad Air 2 and 2015+ iOS devices would be compatible. That would generate an even bigger earthquake among current 1GB iOS device owners.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The unification of OSX and iOS would definitely create an earthquake. One potential issue could be that only iOS devices with 2GB of RAM may be compatible with the new OS, meaning only the iPad Air 2 and 2015+ iOS devices would be compatible. That would generate an even bigger earthquake among current 1GB iOS device owners.

There's probably almost no chance of that happening.

dampfnudel

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
There's probably almost no chance of that happening.

Not this year at least and before someone says not ever, I'm sure Apple has already done it in their labs. They would be fools not to at least experiment so if the need arises to move to a new level of integration, they'll be ready or close to it.

Cole Slaw

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2006
Canada
Just got a look at the WWDC 2016 logo.
Wonder what the meaning is behind it?
(Probably Apple Watch...).

Attachments

• 751px-Rorschach_blot_10.jpg
    751px-Rorschach_blot_10.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 71
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.