Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
How do I make multiple images into one PDF document using Preview? For example, if I have 3 images, how do I create a PDF document with 3 pages where each each image is a separate page? Page 1=image 1; Page 2=image 2; Page 3=image 3.

I tried opening the images in Preview so there the three images were in the Preview drawer. When I went to Print->PDF->Save as PDF it only saved the first image in the draw as a PDF.

Is it possible to do this with Preview or do I need to buy Adobe Acrobat.

Cheers
inlimbo...

inlimbo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Ah Ha! Figured it out!

Import the items into iPhoto. In iPhoto select the images and go File->Print->Print->Save as PDF. It will save the selected images in one PDF document with each image on a separate page.

Sorry for the pointless post.

EsotericRune

macrumors newbie
May 21, 2015
Just so you guys know, you really can make PDFs in Preview--you just need to highlight all images, and press File---->Print. The option to save it as a PDF should appear in the lower left hand corner! Save, and you're done!!

jimthing

macrumors 68000
Apr 6, 2011
Or just Print each pic to separate pdf's, then drag them together in a single pdf afterwards, and hit save.

I do this all the time. Especially with pdf scans that need scanning separately (eg. colour, bw, & grescale), which I just combine later in Preview by opening them all together and dragging pages into a single document and saving.

(gotta love them s1500m and ix500 Fujitsu Scansnap machines! ;-)

ratsg

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2010
EsotericRune,

thank you for actually spending the time to review the archives, and updating a relevant thread, vs creating yet another new thread on an already discussed topic.

+1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.