Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
Bates is really outstanding, and kind of flying under the radar a little (I'd suspect somewhat from being on A&E).

Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore are _fantastic_, just genius casting and performances from the actors. We're watching in real time, and things are getting _seriously_ crazy :D

Season 3 ends with a bang, which is welcome. Stakes should rise exponentially now that there are only two seasons left.

Most of the actors in this show are fantastic, although Vera alone makes the show worth watching.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Season 3 ends with a bang, which is welcome. Stakes should rise exponentially now that there are only two seasons left.

Most of the actors in this show are fantastic, although Vera alone makes the show worth watching.

Excellent! Excited to see it today :) Yeah, everyone is at the top of their game, and Vera and Freddy are just perfect (and perfectly creepy) together.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
quite a few

I'm doing a fair few binges with my housemate at the moment. Finished Voyager and now we're alternating between Battlestar Galactica and ST: DS9 in the evenings (well, unless the new Game of Thrones episode is on)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

Excellent! Excited to see it today :) Yeah, everyone is at the top of their game, and Vera and Freddy are just perfect (and perfectly creepy) together.

Holy Smokes! Awesome season finale, and yeah, yikes, the "genie is out of the bottle" so to speak. :cool:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I'm doing a fair few binges with my housemate at the moment. Finished Voyager and now we're alternating between Battlestar Galactica and ST: DS9 in the evenings (well, unless the new Game of Thrones episode is on)

Ah, another admirer of the ST universe.

Because I moved away from home, and have never owned a TV, I missed most of DS9, although I am reliably informed that it became very good, especially during the latter part of the series.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm about to sit through a 5 hour Chemo session, so I've queued up Season 1 of the TNT show, Murder in the First.

Wow, sorry to hear! :(
Best of luck!

Started watching Life, as I were told it's a good show and I loved the guy who played Brody in Homeland, but not really intrigued by now. Anybody know when True Detective S2 is coming up?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, following a text by way of reminder from my brother, I spent a few happy hours earlier in the week watching an episode of the excellent 'Foyle's War', a series I have long loved.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I'm sorry that no one else responded to this post--- Twin Peaks is a terrific show. I'm glad you're watching it. Please let us all know what you think of it! :)

I upvoted him. Does that count? :D

Love Twin Peaks, my personal best show ever.

----------

Watching Fortitude right now, anybody know this show?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I've upvoted him. Does that count? :D

Love Twin Peaks, my personal best show ever.

----------

Watching Fortitude right now, anybody know this show?

It's on the DVR ready to watch, but I haven't yet. Let us know what you think?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
It's on the DVR ready to watch, but I haven't yet. Let us know what you think?

Tough show. Just saw two episodes (think it was about E3+4) but will start from the beginning now. Dark, atmosphere reminds me on the early X-Files - constantly eerie and unsettling without showing too much. Rather slow in total but with outbursts of extreme brutality which are hard to swallow for some I'd assume. Great production all around. I'd recommend it but really depends on the type.

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Revolution starring Billy Burke, Giancarlo Esposito, and Elizabeth Mitchell on Netflix.

772d36_85c97a6c3f570ae45b37f7c105f35a88.jpg_srz_p_850_310_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Reactions: hxlover904

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I've been watching the 1st 2 Seasons of Rectify (from the Sundance Channel) on Netflix. I believe season 3 is starting on Sundance this summer.

Sundance Channel's first wholly owned scripted series stars Aden Young as Daniel Holden, who spends nearly 20 years on death row for the rape and murder of a teenage girl, before new DNA evidence nullifies his conviction. He returns home, but he's far from welcomed.

There's no action in this one, but it's a great, thought provoking, character driven drama. It can get deep and frustrating at times, but I definitely recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.