Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
If I want a file to be in my bundle but not in a subdirectory, where in the Xcode project should I put that file?

Last edited:

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
It's not where in the project but rather the type of the file that controls this. For many types of non-source-code files Xcode just copies them to the root of the bundle. If you look at the Build Phases > Copy Bundle Resources build step you'll see all the files that are copied into your bundle.

You can print out the full paths to these files when your app launches or open up the app bundle in the Finder to see where these files are.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
It's not where in the project but rather the type of the file that controls this. For many types of non-source-code files Xcode just copies them to the root of the bundle. If you look at the Build Phases > Copy Bundle Resources build step you'll see all the files that are copied into your bundle.

You can print out the full paths to these files when your app launches or open up the app bundle in the Finder to see where these files are.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.